The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: Tenyo's 'Mister Danger' as Lazarus--inspirational metaphor or irreverent conceit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Yesterday (Sunday) during the morning service at my local Protestant church, the pastor's chosen Bible reading was from the Gospel of John 11:1-45, the miracle of the raising of Lazarus. Just last week I had acquired a like-new copy of "Mister Danger" by Tenyo, and I was immediately struck by the similarities between the two "plots"--especially the parallel between removing a damaged sheet of tissue paper in one handling of the man-figure with the Tenyo apparatus and the unwrapping of the grave-clothes and cloth covering from Lazarus' face, whereupon both presumably dead figures are wondrously "resurrected."

Heretofore I have never thought of myself as a "Christian magician," nor have I ever performed any magic at my church, but I confess that I have now begun to think along such lines. However, I currently feel "stuck" in terms of knowing how to proceed from here, if at all. More specifically, I wonder if I am thinking too far outside the box in this case, or am I perhaps actually onto something worthwhile? Any friendly advice would be appreciated.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.