The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deck the Halls :: Deck Review - Vitrum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gbabbits
View Profile
New user
I've only made
39 Posts

Profile of gbabbits
Vitrum by Purely Idea is a mosaic-themed deck with a lot of character. "Character?!" -- yes, character! Specifically, because the court cards each feature a different character! Each suit represents an era, such as the Aztecs, and the courts for that suit show three different characters to represent it. Neat, right?

Beyond the courts, the spot cards each host custom pips and number designs. Everything so far has a mosaic vibe as well, but the real tie-in to that is the back design of the cards. It's made to look like a stained glass window, and it's really nice. The same design is carried throughout the entire tuck too. The tuck is embossed, with metallic foiling. The specific foiling depends on which deck you have, Golden or Silver (and the foil matches the type).

But wait, there's more! The deck is guilded too (something I didn't actually know until I opened it). Since it's guilded, I didn't do too much in terms of "handling", so I can't speak to efficiency of the cardstock; however, the finish on the cards is pretty smooth.

If you're interested in seeing the deck in all of its glory, check out my unboxing + review on YouTube!