The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Gum and Get Some by Amanda Nepo (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks good!

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18278

An empty pack of gum becomes full in the blink of an eye. The gum box does all the eye-popping work for you in this super visual effect. From the mind of one of the youngest people ever to fool Penn & Teller comes a gimmick that lives in the real world and produces amazing results. This is Gum and Get Some by Amanda Nepo.

Offer your audience some gum in a kind gesture, but when you open the pack, it's empty (or you don't have enough for everyone). Snap your fingers, and right before the spectator's eyes, the pack is now full of gum. The gum that appears is completely REAL! You can hand it out for all of your new friends to enjoy. Gum and Get Some is a unique utility gimmick that can be used as a one-off visual moment or as a place to make a small object appear, disappear, or transform. After showing the empty pack of gum and setting it on the table, you can vanish a card, coin, or another small object. When the packaging is opened, the small object is found inside the gum box, along with a few sticks of gum. Or you could put a small object in the empty gum box and transform that small object into gum! The possibilities are endless.

Gum and Get Some is made from high-quality materials and uses no elastic or complicated parts that you might have to replace in the future. There are no arts and crafts. Add some real gum*, and the gimmick is ready to go. Perform visual magic when you go out on the town with Gum and Get Some.

*Gum not included. Trident gum suggested

Special thanks to Brandon David and Chris Turchi for giving us permission to use their ideas and creations on this product. Please check out their other products here at Penguin. They have a ton of great ideas and fun products.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Great if you’re performing for Gen Z Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
The visuals look super!

Was going to comment about the Gen z but it's not worth it. It's obvious everybody knows gum and this style of packaging. My mom who is 80 years old always has this packaging of gum on her.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Corporate Magician
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Corporate Magician
Hi Everyone

Penguin Magic credit Brandon David and Chris Turchi in the product description of Gum and Get Some for allowing Amanda Nepo to use their ideas and creations in her product which is very similar to Got Gum? Appearing Got Gum by Brandon David and Chris Turchi at the following website link.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18138

Does anyone happen to know how Gum and Get Some compares to Got Gum? Appearing Got Gum because they appear very similar with the exception of the appearance?

Have a nice day.

Regards

Corporate Magician
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
At least they didn't call it "Sudden Gum"...with apologize to David Regal.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
mantel
View Profile
Special user
925 Posts

Profile of mantel
Got Gum & Gum Get Some both cost $39.95

But Got Gum comes with free gum!

"NOTE: Pack of gum IS included."

Gum and Get Some does not!

"*Gum not included. Trident gum suggested"
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Amanda showcased this effect at the Blackpool convention. It was super visual and very practical and is fully workable in a close-up setting. So it delivers on its promise.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I got to know Amanda a bit at Blackpool and this a great visual production. Ideal for live close up and social media.

The style of packaging isn't something I have seen in the U.K. but it flies because it doesn't look odd and the effect is all about the impossible production.

I have ideas for this beyond the gum production.

Best
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I picked this up
Very cool effect. SUPER easy of course.

Amanda does a great job explaining it too.

And yeah, no one that I have done it for has said anything about the package. Although I do travel, so IF they did. I would say I bought it while in xxxxxxx.
but I really don't care if they were to say something. Just move on. Not an issue....
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Just to make your life a little easier.
You can now get this here monstermagic.co.uk/products/gum-and-get-some-by-amanda-nepo
with the Trident gum included.
Corporate Magician
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Corporate Magician
Hi Everyone

For those that might be considering purchasing Gum and Get Some there was a magic review of the effect on YouTube which said that you can only give out half of the gum that's produced and that you can't give out all of it as implied in the product description below so if you plan on giving out a lot of the gum or all of it please consider this before purchasing it.

"Snap your fingers, and right before the spectator's eyes, the pack is now full of gum. The gum that appears is completely REAL! You can hand it out for all of your new friends to enjoy."

Have a nice day.

Regards

Corporate Magician
Arthur Chiu
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Arthur Chiu
I saw some comments where the gum would fall out of the box, when the secret move is done. As long as you put the 7 gums into the box and have them snuggly fit, the gums won’t fly out when you perform.

Check out my performance here Smile

YouTube - https://youtube.com/shorts/Lhj8LFZEdm8?si=xiEaN6RBIJEo-0zz

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6SuKBnS8......c2N0NWxt