The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Unifi Scribe and Glyphs (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1484 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I am very happy with Glyphs which is why I gave it an endorsement. It's very reliable and a fantastic product!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3218 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks for the input everyone! I was looking at the glyphs site and it doesn't mention that inject/wikitest are integrated, but I may have missed it?

and same question as goldeneye007, input options? which one is the most preferred?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2023, lunatik wrote:
Thanks for the input everyone! I was looking at the glyphs site and it doesn't mention that inject/wikitest are integrated, but I may have missed it?

and same question as goldeneye007, input options? which one is the most preferred?

It mentions API mode which is what is used for inject and wikitest. I really like ithump for inputting
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2023, cardistry master wrote:
Quote:

It mentions API mode which is what is used for inject and wikitest. I really like ithump for inputting

Thank you! Do I understand correctly that you thus need to take your phone out and use it?
Wlmatti12
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Wlmatti12
Glyphs is a beast, I absolutely love it with all its capabilities and versatility but I think the best part about glyphs is the creator - moustapha, he is such a nice and genuine guy who stands by his creation with pride and I’m sure that he will be there to assist whenever and on whatever you may need! This is the one to go with without doubt!
berjaoui
View Profile
New user
Egypt
17 Posts

Profile of berjaoui
There are a couple of inputs which doesn't require to use a phone in play, without giving away too much on here. if you want to get into the details, contact me on facebook and I'll be happy to set a call to show you everything about it.

Quote:
On Feb 23, 2023, goldeneye007 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you! Do I understand correctly that you thus need to take your phone out and use it?
CEO @Illusionary
https://www.illusionary.co
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2023, berjaoui wrote:
There are a couple of inputs which doesn't require to use a phone in play, without giving away too much on here. if you want to get into the details, contact me on facebook and I'll be happy to set a call to show you everything about it.

Quote:
On Feb 23, 2023, goldeneye007 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah amazing will do! Thank you!
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Let’s talk about this…I had glyphs for a few months now and the support is outstanding….. Now once someone talks about support everyone things of issues… NOOOOO Glyphs has no issues,, the issue you are going to have is keeping up with it…. It gets better and better every few weeks. This is one product I use every show and its never the same effect..
hopkins_14
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of hopkins_14
Love Glyphs but love the support by Moustapha Berjaoui even more. Best customer support I've ever seen in the magic community
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
I must also say that Mustapha took half an hour of his busy schedule to kindly give me a demo of Glyphs, showing me only a few of the many possibilities that you can perform with this amazing item. I’m definitely picking one when the next batch is available! Thank you Mustapha!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Glyphs, hands down. I don't own either, but will be getting Glyphs at some point. I echo what everyone has said, from the creator to the product, everything is first class and exactly what you'd want.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Absolutely agree ... just ordered a second unit for backing up ... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
nbuzza
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of nbuzza
Scribe and Glyphs are both thermal printers, but there are several differences between the two.

Firstly, Scribe began its development on November 13, 2019, and was released to partners on October 22, 2021. It was formally released at FISM in July 2022. On the other hand, Glyphs was released in April 2022.

In terms of manufacturing standards and approvals, Scribe is manufactured to the ISO9001 quality standard and is both FCC and CE approved. These certifications ensure that the product meets the necessary requirements for safety and quality.

When it comes to paper size, Scribe prints onto 80mm wide thermal paper, while Glyphs prints on 56mm wide thermal paper. This means that Scribe is capable of printing on wider paper, which is suitable for applications like lotto tickets and boarding passes. However, Scribe can also print on 56mm wide thermal paper if needed.

In terms of size, Scribe measures 98mm x 40mm x 23mm, totaling 90,160 cubic mm, while Glyphs measures 75mm x 45mm x 30mm, totaling 101,250 cubic mm. So, Scribe is slightly smaller than Glyphs in terms of overall dimensions.

Scribe offers various input methods, including numeric and alphanumeric input via the 12 Button Thumper Remote, numeric input via the 12 Button NEXUS Remote, Magician's Calculator, Impression Note (compatible with spectators' borrowed phones), handwriting recognition from impression pads, voice recognition, manual input via the app or web browser, dice rolls, ELIPS, Inject, and WikiTest.

The real benefit of Scribe lies in its advanced image editor and effects library. The Design Editor includes a library of over 200+ professionally designed templates, covering lotto tickets, boarding passes, and receipts. You can also print images, save them to your photo library, or upload them directly to your website. The editor allows you to insert text in your own handwriting, and both text and graphics are supported. Additionally, Scribe enables the creation of revelations from multiple different sources simultaneously, such as Inject, Thumper, and dice rolls.

When considering the two devices, it's important to ask certain questions:
  • Do the products comply with the legal requirements of my country, such as FCC and CE approvals?
  • Can the device print at the required size for the prediction I want to make? For example, if I need to print a lotto prediction, does the product support the paper size used for lotto tickets in my country?
  • Can I create my own designs and easily update and modify existing ones with the device?
  • Am I purchasing the product for a specific effect, or does it offer a library of effects to choose from?
  • What integrations are available for the product?
Nathan Buzza

Illuminati Magic
www.illuminati-magic.com
nbuzza
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of nbuzza
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2023, Mac_Stone wrote:
Anytime someone puts out an electronic mentalism product Illumanti Magic is usually not far behind with their own version....

For clarity, Scribe began its development on November 13, 2019, and was released to partners on October 22, 2021. It was formally released at FISM in July 2022. On the other hand, Glyphs was released in April 2022.
Nathan Buzza

Illuminati Magic
www.illuminati-magic.com
nbuzza
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of nbuzza
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2023, AnthemFlint wrote:
Glyphs is a BEAST! Just used it over and over at a conference to predict lotto numbers. It is indistinguishable from real magic! I would recommend NEVER touching anything from Nathan Buzza. He openly said his strategy is RND. Replicate and Duplicate. Illuminati is a nightmare company and I don't want that karma.

Moustapha on the other hand is a king. A gentleman. A REAL innovator. I'll keep supporting him and glyphs!

The above comment is often misquoted.

I was privileged to present the keynote speech on behalf of the Federal Australian Government for the opening of "Innovation Australia" - the Australian Government's initiative for commercializing Research & development in the public and private sectors.

The quote "Replicate and Duplicate" was me quoting a former employer involved in the biotechnology sector, whereby it is commonplace for "out of patent" drugs to be replicated, duplicated and re-marketed after the patent had expired.
Nathan Buzza

Illuminati Magic
www.illuminati-magic.com
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On May 23, 2023, nbuzza wrote:

[...]
Scribe offers various input methods, including numeric and alphanumeric input via the 12 Button Thumper Remote, numeric input via the 12 Button NEXUS Remote, Magician's Calculator, Impression Note (compatible with spectators' borrowed phones), handwriting recognition from impression pads, voice recognition, manual input via the app or web browser, dice rolls, ELIPS, Inject, and WikiTest.

The real benefit of Scribe lies in its advanced image editor and effects library. The Design Editor includes a library of over 200+ professionally designed templates, covering lotto tickets, boarding passes, and receipts. You can also print images, save them to your photo library, or upload them directly to your website. The editor allows you to insert text in your own handwriting, and both text and graphics are supported. Additionally, Scribe enables the creation of revelations from multiple different sources simultaneously, such as Inject, Thumper, and dice rolls.
[...]

Correct me if I'm wrong but glyphs does all of that as well?
nbuzza
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of nbuzza
Hi Goldeneye007,

I am not that familiar with Glyphs, however, I don't believe that Glyphs include;

1. An image editor whereby you can create your effects.
2. A library of 200 Effects.
3. A 12-button remote input device.
4. Magician's Calculator.
5. An App Clip based Notes input, whereby information may be entered on a spectator's phone.
6. The ability to upload a rendered image onto a website.
Nathan Buzza

Illuminati Magic
www.illuminati-magic.com
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Oh ok thank you
berjaoui
View Profile
New user
Egypt
17 Posts

Profile of berjaoui
I'm not just a magic consultant and creator who creates magic for living, I'm a full time corporate performer so I know what works in the real world and what doesn't, that's why when I released Glyphs I wanted a system that would be 100% reliable. Glyphs is created to be the tiniest thermal printer in the market for closeup where you can place the printer in your tight jeans pocket, which something you can't do with any other system.

I've seen videos of many users having issues with the other systems in the market, when the printers are placed in the pocket the paper gets stuck, even in reviews on youtube, You'll see it yourself, the paper rolls back inside the unit again or get stuck and you have to pull it out yourself, and that's due to the lack of thought in design, because they are not a working performers. Glyphs isn't created for lottery in mind due to the size of it, but it does lottery really well if you want, and surprisingly its more deceptive than any other system in the market, due to how the paper ends up when its printed.

Lottery papers are actually usually 82mm-83mm not 80mm like people think. Unlike those other printers in the market which are 80mm, you will still need to trim the edges of the ticket to fit it their printer. Plus the paper comes out rolled, looks like its printed in your pocket. With Glyphs you don't need to do any of that, there is no trimming of the lottery ticket when using Glyphs. and the paper already comes out folded so no one will even think that its printed in your pocket or wherever your device is. We do explain how to do that in the private facebook group plus so many of the unique routines and ideas that the community is sharing.

If you look at all the top working pros using Glyphs you will know why they chose Glyphs over any other system in the market, we have more than 260 users who own Glyphs system.
We recently also released the "Glyphs Jar Edition" which taking the stage physical predictions to the next level.

Besides my background in Magic I did study Graphic design and filmmaking in university, I used to do graphic design as a part time work few yers back, I still do tho when I'm designing products. that's why I do offer custom templates professionally made for each user who buys Glyphs, plus many users are sharing their own templates on the private facebook group too. So if you compare our lottery designs they are identical to the real lottery tickets in the market and we keep them updated regularly, unlike the ones you will see anywhere else.

If anyone would like to know more information about Glyphs or the unique input methods and integrations please reach out to me on Facebook
CEO @Illusionary
https://www.illusionary.co
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
My glyphs has been working flawlessly ever since I received it in any case and I’m super happy with it!