The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Packet Finger Chopper With Kicker (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Just wanted to put this on your radar: Cut & Color.

Trailer
https://youtu.be/cOS8UlSMTgY

Picking up where Irv Weiner and Steve Duscheck leave off (with permission from the latter's estate), Cut & Color makes the Finger Chopper effect logical for you to carry, because it's made from something you're known to have with you: cards.

It also updates the usual Finger Chopper dynamic so the audience member is empowered instead of victimized; and lets your audience spend more time in the magical moment than the standard blink-and-it's-over presentation.

As for the kicker, it has never been applied to this plot before, and helps turn a quickie into a fully realized (and highly commercial) effect. Oh, and did I mention you end clean?

Alakazam introduced it yesterday -- where they insist on spelling it "colour." Smile I hope you like it.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I think you'll find that Peter and his team at Alakazam Magic corrected the spelling for you! Smile This does look good, though. It is a bit pricey for a packet trick, however. I love the ending. I remember Steve Fearson having something similar to this years ago, called "ThumbThing":

Your trick looks a little cleaner.

Marty

P.S. If you want to learn more about Neil Tobin and his approach to magic, I'd recommend watching this episode of The Deep Dive Review Show:

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Thanks, Marty!

Some exciting news: there's now a U.S.-based dealer carrying Cut & Color ...
and the reviews have been sensational.

Read them here:
https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=86238
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...