The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Joe Stevens of Stevens Magic (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
We have lost another great, Joe Stevens of Stevens Magic. Gone Fishing....love you my friend.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1121 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Rest in Peace good sir!

He and his son Mark always steered me in the right direction when calling into the shop. I remember Joe and Pete Biro hanging out together at the Castle back in the day.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Such a loss. Thoughts go out to the family.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
One of the good ones. He really helped to advance the art of magic. Rest in Peace, Joe.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
It was always great talking with Joe when he came to conventions as a dealer. One time, I was looking at an expensive item and he told me to take it to my room and try it out a bit, and if I didn't like it, I could just bring it back to him without buying it. And...those VHS videos were the best!
Ron Spangler
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3044 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
A genuinely nice guy. I loved working with him, and the builder's conference he hosted a few years ago for Michael Baker, Gimpy, Louie Gaynor, Bill Trotter, and myself was beyond awesome. I will always treasure that he accepted my few products into his list; it brought magic back into my life.

My sincere condolences to Mark and the family. He will be missed.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Such a solid legacy he leaves behind, that will no doubt live on. May he rest in peace.

My first encounter w/ Stevens Magic left no doubt it was a top-notch organization.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Before I moved away, I used to go in the shop and visit with him every weekend. Great memories! He will be missed.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
My heartfelt condolences to the entire Stevens Magic family on the loss of such a great ambassador and contributor to the Art of Magic.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Joe was a class act, and will be very much missed.

Stevens Magic was and is the "Magic Dealer Who Thinks BIG", and was, I think, the foremost PROMOTER of all Magic Dealers ever.

Joe told me many years ago that his Role Model as a Magic Dealer was the late Gene Devoe of Devoe's Magic Den in St. Louis. Gene was my first mentor, and was the man behind the Bro. John Hamman line of Magic.

For those magicians who never had the pleasure of meeting Joe, I will tell you that, in my opinion, he was the best Magic Demonstrator I have ever witnessed, including the late Al Cohen.

Like Gene DeVoe, Joe Stevens had "Chops".