The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Looking for biography of Gene Elmo. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ignacio.Lopez
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Ignacio.Lopez
Hello everyone. I think I'm in the right area to ask this. I am looking for biographical information on this magician. I could only find some data on the web. I read some loose publications in magazines and little else.
Does anyone know if there is anything published in books about this magician?
If anyone has more information I would appreciate it.

By the way, Merry Christmas!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You might try Marty Hahne at Dazzling Magic as he bought Gene's business.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ignacio.Lopez
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Ignacio.Lopez
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2022, hugmagic wrote:
You might try Marty Hahne at Dazzling Magic as he bought Gene's business.

Thanks Hug. I managed to get in touch with Marty, he is a very nice person. This is what he told me about Gene Elmo. I share it with the whole community with Marty's own permission.

"I believe Gene Guglielmo lived in West Virginia during the early part of his life. I also believe he worked hanging wallpaper. I know he was married, but his wife died at a young age, and he never remarried.

At some point he moved to Brooklyn NY, and he became a magic dealer, selling magic out of his home (he did not have a magic shop), and he also sold magic at many conventions.

Probably his best-known creation was the Test Tube Bunny rabbit production. He also manufactured several models of the crystal silk cylinder. Elmo Magic Supreme was also known for their line of silk magic. Doug Henning performed another one of Gene's creations, the Silk in the Apple, on one of his television specials.

Gene Elmo had a stage magic act that he performed at several magic convenitions, and also once in a while on cruise ships sailing out of New York. His main act was a silent dove and silk act, and he was often assisted by his two sisters, and his brother-in-law.

He moved to Florida (I believe in the early 90's) and that is where I met him.

Sorry I really don't know much more about him."

Best,
Ignacio.-