The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Dynamike charged with murder (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1654 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I met up with Mike in 2017. I had a booking in Burlington Ontario and so did he. We met up at Tim Hortons and had quite a long conversation on the magic business.
He seeemed to be a very nice person who cared about the suffering of the street people in his local area.
I was also shocked to hear of the shooting, he didn't seemed to be the person to do that sort of thing. You will never know what goes on in a persons mind.
Tricky Ricky
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1654 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Anyone have any update on the trial of Dyaamike?
Ricky
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Last I had read he was being mentally evaluated for a possible defense.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Mindpro ... Your message box is full...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Sorry Slim, I've been on my summer tour and have been slow in clearing out messages. I've cleared some space so please try me again. Thanks.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Just a quick update. I've heard that the competency hearing was held and that a jury trial has been tentatively scheduled for August.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Another sad bit of news.

Court records now have more details. He is facing four charges for which the Court put forward Not Guilty pleas on his behalf:

1. Homicide - Murder First Degree - Premeditated
Defendant Stand Mute: Plea of Not Guilty Entered by Court
2. Witnesses - Retailiating Against
3. Weapons Felony Firearm
4. Weapons Felony Firearm

His final pre-trial conference is scheduled for April 19 with the jury trial currently scheduled to begin on August 12.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Tragic! He always seemed so full of life and a nice fellow who is passionate about magic. Just goes to show you that you can never tell what someone is going through behind their personal veil. We've seen so many tragic incidents of colleagues who seem very upbeat on the outside and yet swallowed by personal events on the inside. Mental health can be quite a camouflage to personal trauma.

Dan.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2024, FrankFindley wrote:
Another sad bit of news.

What's sad about it? He intentionally committed a crime, got apprehended, and justice is being served? Where is the sad?
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2024, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
Another sad bit of news.

What's sad about it? He intentionally committed a crime, got apprehended, and justice is being served? Where is the sad?

Sad to see more confirmation that a member of our community apparently walked down this path.

The Covid lockdowns really hammered entertainers, with Michigan being among the worse locations. The indoor restrictions weren't relaxed until late June 2022 and many of the schools were still off limits even after that. We know from his comments that it was a very hard time for him. It makes me wonder if the pandemic hadn't occur, it any of this would have happened.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, Mike was Mike regardless of the pandemic or not. As many here remember he was flaunting his guns and weapons here long before the pandemic.
circuskevin
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
65 Posts

Profile of circuskevin
Americans do love their guns. Seems a bit crazy to the British. We are having a problem with knife crime though. Kids stabbing each other. I teach the local hooligans to unicycle.

Growing up in the countryside their were plenty of guns. They were intended for the pheasants rather than the peasants.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2024, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
Another sad bit of news.

The sad part is that someone reached a point in his life where "he intentionally committed a crime". Up until that point a different choice could have been made, and two lives that were radically changed forever, could have been spared. One life ended that did not have to end, and the other life could have had a happy continuation instead of a continuation of paying the price for a really bad choice. I always liked Dynamike, it is really sad to see him make such a horrible choice. As others have said, maintain your mental health, and when you find yourself feeling desparate, get help. And learn healthy conflict resolution skills. And learn to put everything into a proper perspective and proper priorities. All of this over a package dispute - no package is remotely worth it. Control your anger or it will control you in very bad ways. And lets not forget some compassion for two families that are probably still in shock. Violence is not conflict resolution, it is just more extreme conflict.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1697 Posts

Profile of Futureal
He was always a nut.