The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: Quote limit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hi. Can we have a limit on the amount of text that is allowed on the quote function? It’s becoming ever more difficult to scroll through hundreds of lines of quoted text on mobile devices, when there is no need. It has become a function for the lazy. Please consider either getting rid of the quote or having a max amount of text allowed.
Thanks.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
It’s difficult to put a restriction in place for this. Who decides how much is too much? As I go through topics, when I see a quote from the immediate previous post, I remove it. If you were having a conversation with someone, you wouldn’t repeat what they just said in order to reply. If it’s obvious what the replying poster is referencing, there’s no need for a quote and there really isn’t any reason to quote an entire post if you’re just referring to one piece of it.
It’s really just a common sense thing that members should be aware of but it’s difficult to enforce. If I see a member repeatedly quoting large portion of text, I sometimes PM them with a little advice but as you know I can’t be everywhere
Where the magic begins