The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Zombie -- Wet the Cork? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Charliemountmagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Charliemountmagic
Has anyone ever tried wetting the cork on the Zombie gimmick to hep it expand and hold the ball more tightly? I'm trying that and it seems to work. Or maybe I'm crazy.
wizardmagic
View Profile
New user
Arizona
32 Posts

Profile of wizardmagic
I snap a small dark color balloon over the cork to give it more gripping power.
YoikYasi
View Profile
New user
LONGBRANCH, WA (1hr from seattle)
45 Posts

Profile of YoikYasi
I haven't needed to do anything like this yet mine stays fine on its own... I got the ball from vikingmagic dot com... turned out very nice
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I spray paint the cork quite regularly and this gives it the grip required but I do like any idea of more grip or I just change the size of the cork and repaint etc..not sure if water would ruin the cork.
I use a short routine to music and it plays very well, don't use it in every show but use a routine Ive fine tuned over 40 years with corporate shows Im involved in etc..thanks for the advice on gripping etc..

Click here to view attached image.
Derdeutscherein
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
12 Posts

Profile of Derdeutscherein
I hav replaced the cork with a rubber piece for better grip on my Zombie Ball gimmick. Additionally, you can use a rubber coating to put over your cork.
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
93 Posts

Profile of David_N
As I hold the ball I push the gimmick in firmly with my thumb. To release just twist the ball slightly and pull.

I think I picked that up from an old Jeff McBride video years ago.