The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Thought Swiper review requested (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I would like to see some reviews of Thought Swiper, by Patrik Kuffs. If you can provide one, thanks in advance.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I second this request, please.
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
There are two reviews posted on Lybrary.com on Thought Swiper:

(five stars)

This is a phenomenal method and builds further on the shoulders of giants who are also credited. As a collector and performer of many different Thought of Card routines. I am already brimming with ideas for this. It can play very well with the Invisible Deck, however you can take this much further. I am considering using this with John Bannon's Paint it Blank and I also have a further idea for a Mystery card routine with an implied transposition. I am also considering using this a predicted thought of card effect that I perform by Max Maven, that includes divining the thought of card and then proving that you predicted the card that would be thought of ahead of time.
The method is very direct and fast to establish the thought of card, no excessive procedure - which is important for me and my performing style. so this works very well for me.

It's very well thought out in its method and even comes with a very nice presentation idea to justify the method.

Delighted with this and its something that you will definitely use.

(five stars)

Patrik Kuffs has created a remarkable system that enables you to know a thought-of card without any questions or fishing. This is a download that comes with written instructions and a PDF card you can print off. This double-sided card can be printed on any size card from a business card to a larger card. I would highly recommend laminating this because it is something you can take with you anywhere and will definitely want to use. What makes this so good is how easy it is to use and the presentation ideas he offers. Patrik even suggests printing this out and putting it on a playing card box. This is so smart because now you can do this anytime you bring out your deck.
There is really nothing to memorize as any of the necessary secret is built into the card so he's thought of everything. As soon as you read the instructions you can follow along with a card and will be impressed at how it works.

He includes a great routine where he combines The Invisible Deck with Thought Swiper. You introduce the deck and the Thought Swiper Card. By combining this you can now have them mentally think of any card and without even having them name their card you can take out the deck and show the only card in there is the one they were thinking of. Just one of the many ways you can use this killer little tool. If you print this on a sticker, as suggested, then you can have it on the box for The Invisible Deck and now it makes total sense saying the Thought Transmitter knows your card.

I'm actually going to print this out and stick it on the deck I use for Richard Sander's Any Card deck. It takes the trick to a higher level simply because at no time do they reveal their card - only at the very end prior to you showing the thought-of cards.

If you've ever wanted a method to find out a thought of card without electronic gimmicks and is 100% sure fire this is an incredible way to do it. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Thanks for your replies. I would like to know what anyone else thinks about Thought Swiper, also. It seems to have gotten by under the radar, as they say (and as the Youtube reviewer said).
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I purchased the PDF.
The method is quite clever and creative. One of the main reasons I picked it up was to see how well it would work in conjunction with F.A.S.T. by Daniel Johnson. It will work quite well in that they think of a card and swipe and I give the number.
I can see it working well with the invisible deck or other types of thought of card routines.
I have not put it into practice, so I do not know how it plays for an audience.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I've had this in my lybrary wish list for awhile. My question is on the size of the card. My eye sight isn't that of my youth any longer so I am wondering if a small card might result in misreading the cues(?)? I have some self laminating sleeves for the card but that limits the card to a standard poker size card. Does anyone have experience with that size of card and opinions thereof?

TIA
Phil
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2024, docguitarman wrote:
I've had this in my lybrary wish list for awhile. My question is on the size of the card. My eye sight isn't that of my youth any longer so I am wondering if a small card might result in misreading the cues(?)? I have some self laminating sleeves for the card but that limits the card to a standard poker size card. Does anyone have experience with that size of card and opinions thereof?

TIA
Phil

If you watch the Nique Tan review, which is on the lybrary page, the size of the card is shown. If you are getting the pdf only version, you should be able to scale the piece to a desired size. Also, it is the spectator holding and swiping, so if you can see your spectator, you should be good.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2024, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2024, docguitarman wrote:

TIA
Phil

If you watch the Nique Tan review, which is on the lybrary page, the size of the card is shown. If you are getting the pdf only version, you should be able to scale the piece to a desired size. Also, it is the spectator holding and swiping, so if you can see your spectator, you should be good.

Okay, good to know. Buying pdf now! Thanks, Wravyn!
Phil
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I like it, I just don't get the chance to use it often.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2024, Wravyn wrote:
I like it, I just don't get the chance to use it often.

I made the gimmick. I was unclear on how to handle the gimmick. I thought about letting the spectator hold it like a smart phone and swipe but they may neck tie the card -- oops.
I think I'll hold the card flat and let the spec swipe then turn it over... Just make sure I'm not drilling a hole in the card with my eyes !!! Is that your method? Thanks

Phil
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I had it in the box cellophane and sitting on the table.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2024, Wravyn wrote:
I had it in the box cellophane and sitting on the table.

I performed for the Mrs with the card in envelope (no I.D.). She had seen me do other matrix type tricks before so she knew what was going on when I flipped the card over to confirm her "password." She has no idea how it works but she knew the method.

So that brings me to the I.D. approach. I suppose you have two cards in the cellophane so that you flip the card case for the second swipe to "confirm"? Correct? That seems better.
Phil
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
That is correct. The deck I use is set for Daniel Johnson's F.A.S.T. which after they swipe, I give a number, they count to that number and find their card.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2024, Wravyn wrote:
That is correct. The deck I use is set for Daniel Johnson's F.A.S.T. which after they swipe, I give a number, they count to that number and find their card.

Excellent. I had to find my I.D. and print out two thought swiper cards to put under the cellophane. I showed the trick again to my wife with the patter of swiping the card into the "biomechanical" deck in the case. When her card was revealed as the only one upside down, she said "Far superior! I have no idea how you had the thought of card turn over"!!!

She doesn't know how the I.D. works though I have shown her tricks employing it a couple of years ago! I like it, it's a keeper for performance for laymen!
Thanks for your help !!