The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The marquee says... :: Vegas Trip Suggestions! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Hello all!

Considering going to Vegas for a few days and was wondering what your favorite shows and magic shops in the area would be?

Some of the people we are considering seeing include Copperfield, Blaine, Shin, Piff, or Penn and Teller.

Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Banachek's show is shorter but man it's a thrill to watch him perform. He is such a premiere mentalist. Just make sure you go with the expectation you're going to see a psychic entertainer (or thought reader as he prefers), not a magic act. I would say this makes him more interesting, but others prefer their big Vegas magic shows. Gerry McCambridge is the same, and while I personally haven't seen his act, I've heard his Q&A is phenomenal.

If you want a great magic show with mentalist in between, Colin Cloud in Shin Lim's Limitless is amazing.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Gerry McCambridge's mentalism show is great. I saw it about 5 years ago, and really enjoyed it. Gerry is a very entertaining performer, and his show moves quickly. I would definitely see him again next time I'm in Vegas. After the show he greets the audience and has books and DVDs for sale.

Funny sidenote: When I went to buy tickets, they asked if I wanted to upgrade to closer seating and I said yes, paying extra to sit in one of the first few rows. When it was time to enter the room and take our seats, I was a little surprised to see there were only about 5 or 6 rows in the entire room, with maybe 200 seats total. So no real need to have "upgraded" lol. Not really a theatre, the room looks more like a comedy club. Not a bad seat in the house Smile

I would love to see Banachek's show one day. I'm sure it is fantastic.

Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
I can recommend mac king, I saw him last time I was there,
the entertainment value was quite substantial.
bentpenny
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
The Magician's Study might be a fun show to go to (if you can't find the password, you'll need to book through your concierge):
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=747169
Mental Luxor
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
15 Posts

Profile of Mental Luxor
I was in Vegas this summer and I can highly recommend Banachek and Limitless. Both are extremely good and mind blowing! If you are interested in a Criss Angel show, I prefer Mindfreak instead of Amystika.