The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Tenyo 2023 coming soon… (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I've read about some people saying that they love this year's Tenyo and others saying how they hate it. I have to admit, I always look forward to Tenyo's releases and I buy quite a few of them. As for their quality, I really think I have to get my hands on them and perform them in front of people before I can really say how well they are received. I bought a trick (non-Tenyo) at a convention and after working with it, did not think much of it. However, when I have performed it, people have loved it (just family and friends but still). I think as magicians we often get caught up in the fact that we can figure out an effect so that we then think that spectators can too. This just isn't the case. We need to remember that laypeople are not as aware of different tools that can be used to make an effect interesting.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I pre-ordered the final piece and lucky strings. Depending on the method of Lucky strings I will probably use it as a number Force or number prediction. The final piece I will use a story which is actually partly true of a blind magician I once knew years ago and how their heightened sense of feel made him do some incredible magic. And then I will have them reach into a bag and pull out a piece real quick only to find that it does not match but then I will have them close their eyes trace the missing piece shape with their finger then reach in and very quickly pull out the correct piece. After seeing the way it is performed in the video I feel there will be enough choices to allow this particular presentation. I'm looking forward to both these items and will give a review when I receive them.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2022, papawemba wrote:
... We are far from invisible zone or prison box Smile

Agreed. Prison Box was an all time high.
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Tenyo 2023 products are here and available at Murphy's dealers worldwide!

FINAL PIECE
Random jigsaw puzzle piece matches the missing one from the completed puzzle.
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=73150

LUCKY STRINGS
Randomly pull strings but the final one is the ONLY one that rings the bell.
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=73149

SIZE SURPRISE
Cards change in size in front of the audience's eyes.
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=73152

MR DANGER
coming soon...
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Three of these products are now in stock at Hocus Pocus magic. I'm really looking forward to the ones I ordered. I will give a review when I have them in my hands and have had a chance to work with them a bit.

Good magic to all,

Eric
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Any news on where Mr Danger is?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
MR. DANGER has been delayed so will arrive hopefully in the not too distant future. I believe the delay is due to a shipping situation.

So, waiting for the best one to arrive is something fun to look forward to. By the way, I believe that there was a delay of not one but two new Tenyo releases several years ago but they arrived before too long.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
953 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Lucky Strings: can you show the reverse side of the envelope at any point?
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hi all,

Can the other pieces in the jigsaw of Final Piece be examined?

Thanks

Joogy
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2022, joogy wrote:
Hi all,

Can the other pieces in the jigsaw of Final Piece be examined?

Thanks

Joogy

No, they can't be examined but that shouldn't be an issue. They look innocent enough before the spectator selects one then you just put the rest away before making the final reveal of the missing piece.
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of joogy
Thanks for the reply, but do the pieces all look different in shape and size? I'm just thinking if someone watching or even the spectator you're performing to, could say the pieces were all the same.

Joogy
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

On the lucky strings you can show the front side and the back side with no problems. On the Final Piece if you perform it the way I do you can show all the pieces are different. But you will need to use a prop that is not included. That is part of the reason why I have decided to perform this the way I do.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Also one note on the lucky strings it is logical the way it works because you can only pull up on the short strings because they are exposed the reason you pull down on the string with the Bell is because the Bell could not easily fit through the bottom of the apparatus to pull it through if that makes sense? It really works flawlessly and is much more amazing when you perform it in person. I hope that explains a little of the reasoning behind this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of joogy
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2022, The great Gumbini wrote:
Also one note on the lucky strings it is logical the way it works because you can only pull up on the short strings because they are exposed the reason you pull down on the string with the Bell is because the Bell could not easily fit through the bottom of the apparatus to pull it through if that makes sense? It really works flawlessly and is much more amazing when you perform it in person. I hope that explains a little of the reasoning behind this.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Once I have purchased The Final Piece, would you be willing to share how you perform and the prop you use?
Obviously, I would send you proof that I bought the trick.

Joogy
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2022, joogy wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but do the pieces all look different in shape and size? I'm just thinking if someone watching or even the spectator you're performing to, could say the pieces were all the same.

Joogy

Some of the pieces are the same size but there are many pieces which are different sizes which takes the attention away from the spectator noticing that some pieces are the same size. You can pull out random pieces to prove that they are different sizes before mixing them all up and letting the spectator pick one.
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of joogy
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2022, MagicDamo wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2022, joogy wrote:

Joogy

Thank you.

Joogy

Some of the pieces are the same size but there are many pieces which are different sizes which takes the attention away from the spectator noticing that some pieces are the same size. You can pull out random pieces to prove that they are different sizes before mixing them all up and letting the spectator pick one.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

May I suggest that we take detailed discussions of the method to SECRET SESSIONS?

It would be excellent if you contact the Dave to request that they remove your revealing post(s).
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

MR. DANGER should be in stock at your favorite Tenyo purchase place in a week if not less.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Just to let everyone know that MR. DANGER is outrageously good! Better than I could possibly imagine. The method is outstanding and the kind that even though you know how it works, you will still be fooled. For me, similar cleverness to MYSTERY TRIANGLE which was pretty much like that.

It suggests in the instructions that you perform it for yourself first and that you will be fooled. TRUE!!! Great way to begin the instructions huh?

You will not believe how freely you can show all of the props! Nothing to hide.

I like the weight and overall quality of the prop itself. Something fun to handle and perform!

So, MR. DANGER does not disappoint. In fact, it is a surprise winner even better than I expected and my expectations were high.

I am thinking that MR. DANGER may well rank all the way up there regarding great Tenyo props. One of the all time best. No kidding!!!

You will want to carry it around and perform it often!

Further, between this and THE FINAL PIECE which is also fantastic, I think it is safe to say that 2023 is a banner year for Tenyo releases.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Oh, by the way, you can place the daggers into the fella in any order! That freedom allows you to ask your spectators where they want you to place them each time. Because of that, lots of fun and laughs can result with your presentation.

You can show the back of the unit any time you want or your spectators want. Very deceptive with nothing to hide.