The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Anyone here own a Ceseral Bell? (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2023, questort wrote:
Just as a follow up, I did buy one (aged version) along with Deathwatch from Dark Artefacts and I am very happy with both. I also got the Ceseral PK Pencil and it is amazing. Cesar is very professional, fast, great communication. I highly recommend his work.

Wow, the death watch is awesome! So, is this more of presentation then a gimmicked box?
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2023, How wrote:
Wow, the death watch is awesome! So, is this more of presentation then a gimmicked box?

Yeah, just presentation, the box is not gimmicked. They will optionally add 2 brass pegs that you can hang the bell from inside the box, I definitely recommend that, it's a nice touch.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2023, questort wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2023, How wrote:

Yeah, just presentation, the box is not gimmicked. They will optionally add 2 brass pegs that you can hang the bell from inside the box, I definitely recommend that, it's a nice touch.

That is great news. Def worth having and I’ll be getting one. Thanks
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of balzar
I have looked at Deathwatch online and it is an exquisite looking prop. I collect antiques, am highly critical of reproductions, and this looks superb. I confess, however, to having one reservation about it. It seems to me to be premised on the notion that the bell was specifically designed for the purpose outlined. And yet, there is nothing that distinguishes the bell from an ordinary hand bell. Is the audience supposed to believe that a Victorian company manufactured and marketed ordinary hand bells exclusively for this (extremely limited) use? That does not seem credible to me.
Am I overthinking this? Does the routine address this issue? Is the audience simply not supposed to ask the question?
This quibble should not, in any way, be taken to be a criticism of Dark Artifacts or the truly stunning work they do.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Way way overthinking. Considering US high school students don’t even know what Pearl Harbor is, they won’t have any idea about Victorian grave bells. Just tell people it was mounted in a frame that sat on the grave.
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2023, balzar wrote:
Is the audience supposed to believe that a Victorian company manufactured and marketed ordinary hand bells exclusively for this (extremely limited) use?

If you are concerned about this, Ceseral makes a bell that is a rope version, that would look more the part. For my performance though I wanted the spectator to hold the bell. I actually want to give the illusion that a spirit made the spectator ring the bell rather than a spirit physically doing it directly, that is why I opted for the handle.

With all of these types of effects it really depends on how you sell it. You could just say that there was a contraption that the handle clipped into. Because the bells were constantly exposed to the elements they have to be frequently replaced, or some-such. I really don't think the average spectator is going to think that hard about it. I also find if you have a nice collection of authentic macabre antiques, and mix your gimmicked/replica items in with them people are FAR less likely to question the authenticity of anything.
davidyeung1991
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of davidyeung1991
Anyone who know how to replace the battery ?
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I sent mine back to Ceseral when it needed replacing.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Balzar, I plan to stage my setting for the bell in the US Midwest - back in the early 1900s. Not too many Victorian Grave Bells out there, so they rigged up make do grave bells with school bells - of which there were many in that time and area. It also works as a choir bell to integrate with a couple Prof BC effects I am thinking of.

I've had a number of spirit bells. Tim W makes some good ones - excellent in fact. But I wanted a schoolbell/choir bell look and this rings the bell to a T (groans and moans). Looks exactly right and works faultlessly. Only difficulty is sometimes turning it off and on but the more I play with it, the easier that becomes. I really appreciate the various timings available with the remote. Prof BC calls it art and I agree. Pushed my budget quite a bit, but well worth it and, from what I've seen, holds its value so no problem getting my money back should I decide to sell it.
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of balzar
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2023, Winks wrote:
Balzar, I plan to stage my setting for the bell in the US Midwest - back in the early 1900s. Not too many Victorian Grave Bells out there, so they rigged up make do grave bells with school bells - of which there were many in that time and area.

This sounds like an excellent approach, with a credible back story that fits perfectly with the look and feel of the prop.
Nice idea.
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2023, balzar wrote:
I have looked at Deathwatch online and it is an exquisite looking prop. I collect antiques, am highly critical of reproductions, and this looks superb. I confess, however, to having one reservation about it. It seems to me to be premised on the notion that the bell was specifically designed for the purpose outlined. And yet, there is nothing that distinguishes the bell from an ordinary hand bell. Is the audience supposed to believe that a Victorian company manufactured and marketed ordinary hand bells exclusively for this (extremely limited) use? That does not seem credible to me.
Am I overthinking this? Does the routine address this issue? Is the audience simply not supposed to ask the question?
This quibble should not, in any way, be taken to be a criticism of Dark Artifacts or the truly stunning work they do.

You spoke, we listened.

https://www.facebook.com/darkartefacts/p......wJPUbqpl
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of balzar
On Jun 6, 2023, Nick Birch wrote:
Quote:
You spoke, we listened.

This is a very cool refinement which not only addresses the issue I had mentioned, but also physically illustrates the nature of safety coffins and coffin bells in a much more explicit manner.
Very nicely done!
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, questort wrote:
I'm strongly considering buying one, but have a couple questions for anyone who owns one.

My only issue is the battery. It is not user serviceable to my knowledge. I forgot to charge it and it was quite expensive to ship it to and from Spain for repair.
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2023, Anemoi wrote:
Quote:
I'm strongly considering buying one, but have a couple questions for anyone who owns one.

My only issue is the battery. It is not user serviceable to my knowledge. I forgot to charge it and it was quite expensive to ship it to and from Spain for repair.

How long did you leave it uncharged?
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2023, questort wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2023, Anemoi wrote:
Quote:

How long did you leave it uncharged?

between 6-8 months. I had purchased the bell second hand and I am not sure how old it was when I received it. So, the battery could already have been weak by the time I purchased it. I still would prefer a way to replace the battery myself.
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
Has anyone tried to replace the battery in their bell?
-Z-
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of -Z-
I was looking for one but this might be a deal breaker for me.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Ceseral offers excellent after-purchase assistance and will even do repairs as they become necessary (for reasonable compensation).

BC
Phasmologist
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2023, PROF BC wrote:
Ceseral offers excellent after-purchase assistance and will even do repairs as they become necessary (for reasonable compensation).

BC

The name of the brand is "Cesaral Magic"....not "Ceseral Magic".

Thanks for your support! I am really glad you like the Cesaral Spirit Bell and the Cesaral Rope Bell.

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
www.cesaral.com
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Bell is awesome but customer service is absolutely terrible.