The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Anyone here own a Ceseral Bell? (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
I'm strongly considering buying one, but have a couple questions for anyone who owns one.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I do. Perfect item, professional material, reliable and perfect service.
Highly recommended.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Worth every penny. Have had mine for years.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
I will also offer an endorsement. Brilliantly designed & executed. Exemplary in performance.
Phasmologist
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Great! For my performance I am interested in a spectator holding the bell. So my first question is, what does it "feel" like when it rings? Does it feel like there is obviously a motor/vibration, or is it more subtle than that? Could a spectator possibly believe that he/she unconsciously rang the bell themselves?
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2022, questort wrote:
Great! For my performance I am interested in a spectator holding the bell. So my first question is, what does it "feel" like when it rings? Does it feel like there is obviously a motor/vibration, or is it more subtle than that? Could a spectator possibly believe that he/she unconsciously rang the bell themselves?

It feels quite natural when it rings, there are also several options for single, multiple and delayed rings. It’s the best, that why they rarely come up for sale on the secondary market.

The aged rope version is even more deceptive.

N.
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2022, Nick Birch wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2022, questort wrote:

It feels quite natural when it rings, there are also several options for single, multiple and delayed rings. It’s the best, that why they rarely come up for sale on the secondary market.

The aged rope version is even more deceptive.

N.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Also, for my performance I need the bell to ring within 1 or 2 seconds of precision, will that be a problem?
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Not at all.
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Thanks guys, I will definitely be buying one. Oh, and Nick, I think I'm going to need Deathwatch to go with it, perfect addition!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I have one as well.... I use it tied to a long rope for outdoor routines where I loop it over a branch or a tripod and put the rope down a deep hole, so the grave/goblin cave/etc. inhabitant can be communicated with Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2022, Dr Spektor wrote:
I have one as well.... I use it tied to a long rope for outdoor routines where I loop it over a branch or a tripod and put the rope down a deep hole, so the grave/goblin cave/etc. inhabitant can be communicated with Smile

Now that is a cool idea! I like the way you think.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2022, Dr Spektor wrote:

Now that is wicked! Love it.
Bob
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Premature burials are great inspiration Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
You have to charge it regularly ir the battery will die. If the battery dies you are looking at an expensive repair. Set a monthly alarm to remind you to top it off.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2022, YitzhakNoDice wrote:
You have to charge it regularly ir the battery will die. If the battery dies you are looking at an expensive repair. Set a monthly alarm to remind you to top it off.

What type of battery does it use?
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2022, questort wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2022, YitzhakNoDice wrote:

What type of battery does it use?

It is a special one made by Cesaral. I don’t know about the hand held one, but I have the one on a rope and the battery is a bit more forgiving. Also, if it does die, it is much cheaper to fix.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I charge it every 3 months.
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2022, questort wrote:
Thanks guys, I will definitely be buying one. Oh, and Nick, I think I'm going to need Deathwatch to go with it, perfect addition!

A good decision, even if I do say so myself. The LiPo battery in the Standard bell is larger than the rope version and gives a slightly louder ring. As the Curator rightly pointed out, charge it every three months. That said, I’ve left one for six months without charging it and it was fine.

N.
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
I'll toss in my 2 cents. In my opinion the (standard) bell does have quit a bit of force transfer to the holder when it rings. How a spec perceives that depends on how much of a believer they are. It could feel like a spirit grabbed the "bell" and shook it. If you want to avoid any "feeling" transfer to the spec tie a string around the bell handle and have them wear the bell like a braclet then they won't feel anything. The ring is not subtle, it rings! I've had people freak out and cry who were holding it and I've had a 7 year old Chinese girl flip it around after it rang and say "Oh look it spins".

I try to charge mine once every 3 months but sometimes I've missed that time frame. It still works great.

Mine has aged nicely with dust and pit rust on the bell... this one gets better with age.
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Just as a follow up, I did buy one (aged version) along with Deathwatch from Dark Artefacts and I am very happy with both. I also got the Ceseral PK Pencil and it is amazing. Cesar is very professional, fast, great communication. I highly recommend his work.