The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The tricks are on me! :: Jewish Community Center (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I often talk with some kids in front of their Jewish Center. Someone puts them out there to ask people "Are you Jewish". I used to say, "No I'm Irish", then I tried "No I'm an atheist", etc. When I started using "No, but I'm a scholar", (I'm an adjunct professor) they wanted to talk to me. I have a gray beard which is probably why they ask if I'm Jewish. They are trying to grow beards.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a free talk at their center about the connection between the Tarot and the Kaballah and the Jewish alphabet. Afterwards I can do some magic with Tarot cards...there are some nice things possible...and then some regular cards and maybe some mentalism. A freebee. Maybe line up a paying gig for a show for the younger kids - kiddie magic, someday. Why not?
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
331 Posts

Profile of TomB
Sounds like you have your homework cut out for you. This talk could end very badly. I am trying to be open minded, but gut says stop the press.

You wrote this several months ago. Did you do it? How did it go?