The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Announcements (Please Read) :: Thank you everyone! (198 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kevin Fortin
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Kevin Fortin
@Steve Brooks

Sir, I am glad that you are still here and that the Café is back online. As many have said, it's a great community and resource for research and comparing notes.

I would agree it was incorrect for certain characters to dance with repercussionless glee upon the supposèd grave of TMC; HOWEVER (and I know this is a common human occurrence), it seems you yourself did not quite seek or maintain the higher ground when an opportunity to send a few barbs of your own presented itself:

Quote:
Case in point [...] People who apparently have a deep repugnance and hatred towards our Café community and myself crawled out of their slimy holes and showed everyone just how angry and miserable they must really be in their own pathetic little lives. It is apparent (at least to me) that these people are prime examples of narcissists who are obviously unaware of their own blatant insecurities. At any rate, these folks are extremely unhappy and bitter and as most of you are aware - misery loves company. How unfortunate. Smile

Having said all of that, I must admit I was sorely tempted to respond to these naysayers. But then I realized this would only pull me down to the level of their conversation.

Er, anyway . . . Smile

My sympathies and commiserations.

Also: @Gene -- Please charge him double for your recent IT work. <joking!>
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Kevin,

I felt my response was more than warranted given all the rhetoric from the mouths of idiots. Further, when people on Facebook (and otherwise) send me private messages or call my private residence telling me they hope my wife dies....that's a problem.
In that light, I hope you see that I have been more than polite. If I am not allowed to defend my family and I on my own website, what the hell?

Further, unlike the conspiracy theories and outright fabrications from these folks, I have spoken nothing but the truth.
I have nothing to feel sorry for whatsoever.

As an aside, you need to know that had these folks spoken to me in person in the matter that they do online I fear I would not have been so polite. Just saying.

Thanks for your continued support.

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Kevin Fortin
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Kevin Fortin
Steve,

Sorry to learn about what you have written.

Please try to remain as noble as you can.

Best wishes,
Kevin
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I agree - thank you. Smile

---
carbon60
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of carbon60
Steve,

I am so very happy you're back!

I have been an avid fan of the Café for just a couple of years, but this is my first post. I really appreciate who you are. How you handle situations, and the Café, is a 100% class act. I wish you all the best.

Be safe,
Carbon
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thank you sooooo much. Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Steve, I'm glad the Magic Café exists, and that it's back on line. I know how difficult it is to keep a resource of this magnitude going.

Kudos to you and yours.

Bill Palmer, M.I.M.C.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thank you Bill. Smile
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2022, lynnef wrote:
While it was down, I went browsing around.....the Café without a doubt is the BEST. So many thanks to Steve and staff. Lynn

My experience exactly. I was starting to go through withdrawals. I really don't understand the criticism.
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
So I must chime in. Thanks Steve for your continued support of Magic and Magicians. I lurk here. I learn here. Keep on doing what you do the best Steve and we will continue reading, writing, fighting, ****ing each other off and sharing our Magical lives, stories, products, ideas, love and hate. It's a Magical life my friends. The Magic Café is a very important part of it. I'll see you all here and there. My Best. - Bro. Paul
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
34 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
I'm happy it's back. I don't post much, but I'm always here.
John knows!
rs-magic
View Profile
New user
Texas
17 Posts

Profile of rs-magic
Very glad The Café is back - such a valuable resource! Thank you, Steve, for all you do!
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Very glad to see things are up and running again, thanks so much for all your efforts over the years!
Ste
View Profile
New user
Italy
70 Posts

Profile of Ste
Hi Steve, Thank you for this important Cafè. Thanks for your efforts. You did an awsome work!
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
Didn't realise how much I'd miss the Café until it was . . gone!
Thank goodness you're back. I'll never take you and all the hard work that goes into maintaining this site for granted again.
I'll also keep notes of all the really good suggestions and ideas that gets posted. . . just in case!
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
The magic Café is the best hands down , I will always be grateful for it .
Just try that’s all you can do , never give up .
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Steve,
I'd like to echo all the sentiments above. I'd like to thank you and your team for all the effort you have expended over the years to
create this environment. I've spent hours of enjoyment, research and friendship here. And it hasn't cost me a dime, except for that which I chose to donate, which I hope anyone who uses the Café does.
But, I would like to offer a piece of constructive criticism, proposed in the spirit of some simple advice from a sometimes active member;
Please consider a more open line of communication with the members of the community. I have seen over the years that a source
of consternation here is a lack of communication from management. As you said, running an endeavor as large, complicated,
personal, and technically challenging as The Café is not easy. I get it and agree. But by definition it also inevitably generates "situations".
Hearing managements take, positions and information on "those situations" as well as issues or items of broad concern I believe would be a source of 'goodwill' and would quell gossip, rumors and potential distrust. I get that The Café is yours to run and the decisions are yours to make, as it should be, and I do not aim to question those choices. But for what it's worth, I do believe that "information is the resolution of uncertainty." No, I'm not talking about responding to trolls, hostility, idiots, whiners and cranks (et al).
I sincerely hope you can see it is not my intent to overstep here and I do hope you recognize the spirit that this suggestion is offered; in good faith and the wish for a friendly and welcoming forum for everyone involved.
Regards, thanks for sharing the OP, and thanks for The Café.
Ed Shernoff
edshern
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Steve, thank you for the effort. Very grateful that such a place exists.
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
I can not tell you how much of an education I have had by reading old Café posts. It is such a wonderful resource. Thank you!
Esoteric Faustini
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Esoteric Faustini
Many thanks!