The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Jonathan Neal finally releases his version of the Multiplying bottles... (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Hello All,

I developed this routine in 1989 and it isn't exactly like the Ken Brooke routine. It is 3.5 minutes of non stop action and comedy! Note that, there is a different loading of the extra two stacks of bottles and has the best 'cleanup' for the ending. It uses 12 bottles, (four stacks of three) but in the routine, it seems like you produce 15! Since the video was created, I have switched from a 4 legged table to a single post (Nielsen) table, that is even more deceptive. Lots of great ideas in this routine...and I can use it to close a show!

Here it is on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT8So1lhhnw

Quote:
Well known magician Gene Anderson, said this about the routine:

"I saw your multiplying bottle routine from the wings in in Louisville, and I was just blown away! It is without question the most clever and most practical and simply the best I’ve ever seen. I do Multiplying Bottles too, and it’s my encore... because I can’t follow it with anything. But mine is mostly Ken Brooke’s routine, but mine falls far short of yours, and I surely hope yours make it into a book. It needs to be there."

Well, my long awaited book still isn't finished, but I did write this up as a 'chapter' book. It is 40 pages long, and with 66 photos and illustrations... plus an addendum! The format is soft covers: 8.5' x 7"
If you want to buy the manuscript, I sell if for $30.00 and postage is $5.00 via USPS in the USA.
PayPal only... PM me if interested!

Click here to view attached image.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
780 Posts

Profile of TStone
This is the best and most creative Multiplying routine I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever been as envious as when I saw you perform this piece at the Magic Castle, Jonathan. I desired to be the originator of all those brilliant ideas. All my own work on the piece felt second-rate after having seen your rendition! Just awesome!
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thank you Tom! It's been a while since we chatted, but I only wish my illustrative skills were equal to yours! Still, all the information is there, as are the details in making the table, tubes, etc;
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Wow!!!!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Jonathan has so many great routines that it's insane. I fell in love with his thumb tie routine and consider it the only "magic effect" I would do in a mentalism show because it looks so impossible.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I think I last saw Jonathan work back in New Zealand when he was touring with Chuck Jones probably about 20 plus years ago! In my 30 plus years as a performer I can count on one hand the moments in magic with performers who really moved me with their act. Jonathan was definitely one of them, and for him to share ANYTHING is pure gold in my books. I can't wait to get this and study - because it's not JUST the trick but his thought process, and how he put it together that make it so wonderful. Even if you never perform his version or this trick, you can still apply his thinking to your own magic.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Carlosfa
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Carlosfa
WoW! I love the quick moves are so impressive
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
About a week or so ago I saw a video online of Jonathan's MB that was newer than the 2008 video. In it he used the single post table as he describes in his post. For whatever reason I cannot find the video now. Any one know anything about it and have access to the link? I've checked with Jonathan and he doesn't have a link to it either. Thank you.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
jericho
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of jericho
This is seriously an amazing trick. The pacing is faster than maybe any trick I've ever seen which really is a wow factor.
filigan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of filigan
Hello friends do you know if we can still buy this incredible manuscript from Jonathan ? Have a good day
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Now that was really entertaining!!!