The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: Selling Collections (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I just got back from lunch with some of my long-time magic friends and the topic came up of "What will our families do with our collection of magic books and apparatus when we're gone?"
I'd be interested in any suggestions. I know of Potter & Potter and their Quicker than the Eye website, and Mike Rose's "Hard To Find Magic." But are there other places/dealers that we might consider approaching? I am slowly putting together a pdf of some of the items in my own collection.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
These are all options. I would add something into the mix. Make sure that if you go with an auction company that it is agreed how fast the collection will be disposed of. You don't want this going on for years which can be the case with so many collections coming onto the market.
You should also talk about the seller's premium (what you pay to sell it), how it will be marketed (online, live, catalog or all of the above), how large will the auction be ( one, two or more parts), grouping of items.
There is a lot to talk about and have clear before settling in on deposition of items.
My advice at this point is to start selling your duplicate items on here( no fees) or the other personal selling areas.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Tricksupply.com and Magiccollectibles.com are also buying Magic collections
tourmagic
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of tourmagic
Also Hocus Pocus in Fresno, CA
Tom Tourville
"Magic is all based on guile, and the more experience you have with being sneaky, the more sneaky you can be"
- Teller
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Stevens Magic Emporium in the US is also buying collections
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of mandrax
There is also Merlin of Wakefield buying collections in the Uk
johnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
103 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
Potter & Potter auction
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Abbott's, Fab and others will take on collections. I've worked with Hocus-Pocus many times and have nothing but great service from Paul, I highly recommend him.
Professor J. P. Fawkes