The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: A question regarding ‘trick’ rights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MRW2906
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MRW2906
So, first of all I’m new here so hopefully you will bear with me and hopefully forgive any errors I may make. I was a keen card magician and loved small packet tricks. My question is based on a trick called ‘Legends’ by Michael Ammar.
A great little 3 card packet trick. So what I would like to know is how is Michael is able to market, produce and sell this trick when it is not created by him but by Larry Jennings? How do these collaborations work?
Do they get together and create their own business model for the sale of the trick? Does Michael just need to credit Larry and then he can sell it? Is there a set percentage fee for using someone else’s idea. Or is it the Wild West and Michael can just take the trick and run ( no disrespect to Michael for this suggestion, I really don’t know how it works and I’m just putting an option out there)
Thanks for any help you can offer.
MRW
mantel
View Profile
Special user
925 Posts

Profile of mantel
To clear things up, "Legends" is actually the name of the product line not the name of the effect.

Furthermore the full title of the product you're referring to is "Close-Up Illusion by Larry Jennings presented by Michael Ammar"

Quote:
On May 26, 2022, MRW2906 wrote:
what I would like to know is how is Michael is able to market, produce and sell this trick when it is not created by him but by Larry Jennings?

How do these collaborations work?
Do they get together and create their own business model for the sale of the trick?

Does Michael just need to credit Larry and then he can sell it?

is it the Wild West

Michael and/or Penguin Magic is able to market, produce and sell this trick because permission was given.

The collaborations work by coming to an agreement possibly like getting together and creating their own business model for the sale of the trick.

No, Michael can't just credit Larry and sell it.

It is not the Wild West. That was 132 years ago. Smile