The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Broken Wand : John Wade MIMC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
From Robbie MacNab AIMC, Magic Circle Welfare Officer.

John Wade MIMC with Gold Star:

I am sorry to inform Members of the death yesterday of John Wade, MIMC (Gold Star), also elected Honorary Life Member of the Academy of Magical Arts and Sciences.

Born on December 9th 1930 in Eastcote, he learned magic from Len Allen at Hamley's in 1945. He popularised magic on radio with over 200 broadcasts for the BBC alone and shipboard magic on numerous cruises afloat the QE2. He devised, wrote and presented the BBC radio show, "The Music Of Magic", as well as co-hosting, "For My Next Trick" for television. In the closing titles of "The Avengers", his hands are seen manipulating a pack of colourful Unique Fanning Cards in the closing titles. John worked his magic into stage productions of "The Cherry Orchard", directed by Lindsay Anderson at the Haymarket Theatre and, for Birmingham Royal Ballet, "The Nutcracker". His memoir, Tricks of The Trade: a History of Magic and Magicians, is required reading! His personal 'hero' was the celebrated nineteenth century parlour magician, Charles Bertram (a favourite of King Edward V11), whose signature effect was the Dekolta Chair illusion. John was also a member of the famous Savage Club. Further details of John's funeral will be made known in due course. In the meantime, on behalf of us all, I have expressed condolences to John's nearest and dearest.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
63 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Also published good material on how to be a good compere or emcee. A real loss.