The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Pit Hartling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
Does anyone have a review of the The Little Green Lecture Video? Could you please tell me a little more about it, like what is on it or the highlights? Thank you.

* Robin Hood - A very special and easy to do cards across. Perform this one and take your bow.
* The Chameleon - A highly visual piece of magical wildlife
* Chaos - Funny, messy and automatic
* Defect - An impromptu rising card routine with an off-beat surprise climax
* Triathlon - An exceptionally fair triple location; Borrow a deck and baffle anyone!
* Cupit - A complete card romance in three acts
* The Ultimate Coincedence - The performer's deck exactly matches a borrowed, shuffled deck in order!
Croak..Croak.. Smile
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Don't know about the video, but if it is anywhere near as good as the book it will be awesome!!!!

Iain.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I want to figure out where I can get one...Do you know?
~joeKing
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
Hi! joeKing.
You can find this Video at Hank Lee Magic Factory. Description is this...

The Little Green Lecture Video - Pit Hartling - An 85 minute tape which includes all the tricks in Pit's lecture notes plus two others (one of which is performance only). Jim Krenz, in his Genii Magazine review stated, "WOW. Let me say that again: Wow. If you haven't heard of Pit yet, you soon will. And this video is an excellent introduction to his creativity." VHS.

Price: $ 35.00
Croak..Croak.. Smile
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
Hi,

have seen Pit perform these routines once in a while:
Everything on the tape is great stuff but Triathlon is awesome (but I use an much easier method than Pit because I am not good in math) and Cupid is nice to perform for the ladies...Smile
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-06-28 13:23, JuRim wrote:
Hi,

have seen Pit perform these routines once in a while:
Everything on the tape is great stuff but Triathlon is awesome (but I use an much easier method than Pit because I am not good in math) and Cupid is nice to perform for the ladies...Smile

I agree that the video/booklet are great and Triathlon is killer...I am not very good at math either, but I was able to pick on the "Epitome Location" rather quickly. I think Ackerman has a version of this trick using a stack rather than the E.L.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Talented Magician, but this video was a real zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
KILLER VIDEO.

NO DOUBT.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Triathlon and Chaos are amazing effects.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
252 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
"Chaos" is definitely one of the most mind-boggling card effects I've seen. It does require a setup and a table, but it will demolish logic relentlessly. The most logic-challenging moment in the effect happens when the cards are REALLY mixed in the clumsiest manner. There is no path open. Order should not be possible, or even allowed... and yet. "Chaos" has the elegance and simplicity of a true classic.

federico
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Chaos is great, but Cupit is as good as it gets. People flip out over that trick.
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Absolutely GREAT!!

My favorite is also 'Chaos'!!!

BTW: Does anybody have an explanation for his "The Ultimate Coincedence"??? Or for his 'Fortune-Prediction-Effect' in his FISM-act??
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-06-30 11:44, Zedd wrote:
Absolutely GREAT!!

My favorite is also 'Chaos'!!!

BTW: Does anybody have an explanation for his "The Ultimate Coincedence"??? Or for his 'Fortune-Prediction-Effect' in his FISM-act??

Is "the Ultimate Coincidence" the final (performance only) effect on the "Little Green Video"? If so, I remember that completely flooring me.... If that is published, I would also love to hear where. Also, the "Fortune-Prediction-Effect", is that the final effect in his FISM Act from the "Flicking Fingers" DVD? I think I may have a suitable method, possibly not the exact...

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hi S. Segal!

Yes, it is on the 'Green Video'!

Well - let me hear your method for the prediction effect - please) Smile

Zedd
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi Guys,

I guess Pit will not release these two items for a while, The Ultimate Coincedence is still in the works, we just came up with an even better method but as you can see the effect was on ice for quite some time and is again!!?

The other item is not realy part of his FISM act, at least not the one that won him second price, this act was perfored at FISM though! The Fortune Teelling Prediction is one of the Cornerstones of Pits Heinz Act and actually the only real magic, otherwise it is a comedy-routine.

Best Stefan
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
TRIATHLON Is worth the notes and the video !!!
Fortune telling prediction is a masterpiece from Heinz mind !!
cant wait to be mor efooled by him, any news of releases by the man instead of card fictions?
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Out of curiosity what is the other effect on the video, (the one that is explained) that is not in the notes.
maxrubin
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of maxrubin
"Talented Magician, but this video was a real zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!"

Thanks for the review. I won't get it now.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-07-02 12:11, maxrubin wrote:
"Talented Magician, but this video was a real zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!"

Thanks for the review. I won't get it now.

Hmmm... basing your decision to not buy this becuase "MagicChris" felt his performance was a bore is not good... Honestly, as you can see from EVERYONES postings, the MATERIAL being offered on this tape is top notch. I really think you should reconsider...
simply Sydney DVD here!
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-07-02 11:58, Seth wrote:
Out of curiosity what is the other effect on the video, (the one that is explained) that is not in the notes.

Seth, I beleive the one effect left out of the notes was "The Chameleon"...

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!