The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: What's the name of this wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I'm trying to identify the name of a 'comedy wallet' for a friend. The wallet basically holds a long strip of joined together, transparent plastic pouches that each hold a playing card and that are concertina folded and held in the wallet. When the wallet is opened to apparently reveal a selected card the pouches fall out into a long vertical line... and it sort of mimicks the 52 card on one gag only in this case there's a whole selection of individual cards revealed rather than 52 on one..

The payoff is that one of the cards is found to be facing the opposite way and this one proves to be the selection.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3875 Posts

Profile of Julie
This is a pretty old effect. All you need to do is make an internet search for Accordion Wallet Picture Display (or something similar). It's a readily available stock item. I remember it being sold in the magic community with the string on a Bill Snatcher (cheap reel) being threaded through the accordion pleated "windows" for the comedy effect of the individual "windows" flying back up into your wallet. I'm not sure why this is so funny, but it is! Smile

Julie
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Thanks Julie. I told the owner that I didn't think it was a marketed item and that it was more likely to be something that someone has made up for themselves, but I thought I'd ask. And I reckon that rhe reel idea you mention would be better than the use for it that I mentioned.

many thanks.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3875 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hello Neal,

Yesterday I received an e-mail from someone promoting a modern day set similar to the one we're discussing, but sans the reel. The retail was just a tad under $50.00!

Julie