The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Any books on clothing secrets? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DragonLore
View Profile
New user
Toronto
76 Posts

Profile of DragonLore
Hi,

Are there any books that describe clothing alterations for magicians?

Secret pockets and what not?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I do not have the book in front of me, but I believe that in Henning Nelms book, Magic and Showmanship: A Handbook for Conjurers, has some things in it, but it is for dove workers.
There is a book put out by Michael Ammar also that describes and teaches the use of a special pocket also.
Hugo Marceau
View Profile
New user
Lyon, France
2 Posts

Profile of Hugo Marceau
Exept a book to make topit, you can find info on tunel on Steve Bedwell dvd.
On clothing alteration you have tunnel, topit, black art principle, magnet insertion, load pocket...
I think your stuff and routin will defined the alteration you need.
Check the Xavier mortimer penguin live.
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
DragonLore, I have an excellent clothes alteration source. I know this post is almost a year old, but if you are still searching.

You can find a great deceiving pocket holder idea to make large productions sleeveless on the Penguin Live Online Lecture - Kevin James DVD.

Brian Gillis used the idea on a commercial once to appear prunes. It's been a while since I have seen the video, but I believe the original concept came from Sylvester the Jester.

https://www.sylvesterthejester.com/

Good luck to everyone else reading this post looking for material on this subject.