The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Opening Figure's Head (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
The self-centering eyes on my Kem Poyner figure are getting stuck to the left and the right, so I decided to open him up and see what the problem is. When I peeled back the hair, I found no opening. It appears to have been resealed completely. Do I have to operate in in order to get in there? Any suggestions?

Click here to view attached image.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I removed the hair completely and now I can see a line suggesting an access port. It's much higher up the head than I expected.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Following the lines with a shallow box cutter (?) (don't want to cut anything inside) - I've done it a couple times to replace the mouth hing spring. If your careful it should be OK. Puppet I use now is a muppet style- made myself. No internal problems - except my hand (LOL). 85. 75 in Magic,Vent.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Russo, I started with a razor knife, but saw that it was hot-melt glue, so I just used a heat gun to soften the glue and the panel came off easily.
All that was needed was some lubrication around the eye sockets and winkers. Now it works like new and is all back together.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Live and learn - Our 50 + Community had a golf cart parade that went by my home the other day - "Rusty" and I sat in our drive way and kibbitz as they went by - liked by all. All - have fun, Share the ability the LORD gave you.