The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: Chi Rho symbol on business card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
UKNeil
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
I'm looking for opinions please. Is it okay to have the Chi Rho symbol as the main logo for my business card? Although I don't do gospel magic as such, I am a Christian who is a mentalist and it seemed to me a great talking point if anyone asks when doing effects, what the symbol means. I just don't know if it is disrespectful or morally right or not? If that makes sense?
Thoughts...
Chamber of Wallets
http://www.chamberofwallets.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
What is the "Chi Rho" symbol, and what does it represent?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
John and friends - I 'googles' IT, it's an OLD Christian symbol- doesn't look like anything would be wrong with it ?? "google' has a lot of info, just be careful and get MANY opinions. Love Ya All, Ralph
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
A "side"comment:

I've been amazed at how much info I can get from Google.. About a year ago my Bible on a PC program died (when the associated computer died).
So one day I was trying to remember where a certain Bible passage was, and thought I'd give Google a chance.. remembering only a few words from the passage, I gave it a try. BINGO there it was. Google has been able to "name that verse" in as few as 2 or 3 words.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Jean André
View Profile
New user
Metz
65 Posts

Profile of Jean André
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2022, John Long wrote:
A "side"comment:

I've been amazed at how much info I can get from Google.. About a year ago my Bible on a PC program died (when the associated computer died).
So one day I was trying to remember where a certain Bible passage was, and thought I'd give Google a chance.. remembering only a few words from the passage, I gave it a try. BINGO there it was. Google has been able to "name that verse" in as few as 2 or 3 words.

John

While there is much about the internet that is negative , it is truly amazing how many good resources are available for Bible study or understanding things like Christian symbolism.

One of my favorites is the Catena Bible app which has a very readable format and cross-references with commentary from many Christian teachers going back to the earliest periods of Christianity. (i.e. "The Church Fathers") . You can use it on your Mac or PC computer or also on iOS for iPhone or iPad. (I think it is also avaiable for Android phones and tablets, but I'm not sure , because I don't have an Android device) .

https://catenabible.com/

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Sounds interesting
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Update

Recently, Google found the verse I was looking for with 1 (one) word!
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Given today's date, I thought I should clarify, this was NOT an April's fool joke.
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking