The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Gospel Magic Reformation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Matt71
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Matt71
Hey Folks,
I have in recent times had a growing passion to improve my own quality of Gospel magic. I titled this thread 'Gospel Magic Reformation' with the hope to find a group of like minded Christian magicians that have felt God's call to do more than the best effects with a quick message jammed in to call it Gospel magic.
I will in no way lump any one else in this lack luster category in with me. It's my call to improve my presentation.
If you find yourself in this category then I ask that we work together. I need your help.
If you have already been working through this before me and have this actually happening, reaching dozens of people with your presentations then I need your help.

Please hear me, I have not been active enough with Magic Café to know who is who and what is what, and it might just be me that is behind in the times. I'm okay with that, so please don't read this like an accusation of anyone's quality but my own.

I have been actively interested in magic for about 20 years, and have been reading and learning fairly consistently for the last 10. I am not a gigging professional magician, I am a Salvation Army Pastor in Canada and I want my Gospel magic to not be a bunch of great effects with a message jammed in. I desire to bring a Gospel message while using magic to bring analogies and emphasis.

I am here on Magic Café today looking for magicians who would like to share ideas to make our art more effective for Christ.

What do you think? Can you help? I am willing to also help where I can.