The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: Estimated value on Salon De Magie book - mint/fine (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Hello Collectors.

I'm in procession of a fine/mint copy of Salon De Magie (Klosterman/Fajuri) I would like to sell and am trying to ascertain value before listing it. It is one of the "standard" printings (limited to 450 copies) and is signed/inscribed and includes the DVD. There isn't a thing wrong with it as I can see and it may have never even been read.

I am aware this book rarely comes to market (as so few were printed) so I'm having a tough time figuring out how much to ask.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
See if it's being sold on "google'. Often several items are with several prices
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
There was a lot of info on google - 1 Book , for $55.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3530 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
A couple of google searches. Not sure if they are relevant any more. Like many things their worth is what someone is willing to pay.

https://www.magiccollectibles.com/produc......-fajuri/

https://www.quickerthantheeye.com/p/hist......gie-7486
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Thanks for the help all. I had checked google previously but did find a little more info today using different search terms. I was unable to find the $55 listing; that seem ridiculously low unless it was in poor condition. The few past auctions seem to be anywhere from $200-$400, but it is difficult to gauge timing and my sense is that the book my have more value currently since Klosterman's passing and the sale of his collection. I'll continue my research. Thanks.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would not sell it for under $200. They have been out of print for years.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Alexander2701
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Alexander2701
Where can I find this book? I searched on the Google search engine, but it turned out to be unsuccessful.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3530 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2022, Alexander2701 wrote:
Where can I find this book? I searched on the Google search engine, but it turned out to be unsuccessful.

I did not find any that were for sale, the links I posted were fr past sales with my Google search.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Just to follow up (and for the information of anyone buying or selling this book in the future) - I ended up listing the book on a private facebook magician's group for $350+shipping and it sold within a matter of hours. I'm very pleased, as is the buyer, who is excited to add the book to his collection.