The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Stage Hypnosis University (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Hello!
I’m wondering if anyone has heard of , or has any experience or information regarding Michael C. Anthony and His Stage Hypnosis University. He also has marketed something called Stage Hypnosis Blueprint on Facebook. Curious as to what anyone’ s opinion might be. I’m sure I’ll get a variety of answers and I look forward to hearing them all. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mark
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Most of the established guys will say you need in person training.

If what Michael is offering is true, he'll not only teach you one on one how to do a stage hypnosis show (comedy specifically), he'll also help you create marketing materials to get your initial gigs.

I have talked with him a couple times and he seems genuine.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Hello Chris, thanks. Yes, I’ve seen a lot of guys on here saying that a live teacher is the best way to learn. And I don’t dispute that. I’m sure the majority of members here are extremely serious, dedicated, and talented in their art.
Bur finding a quality teacher willing to teach, and at the same time having it be practical from my end is another thing. However I’m open to any and all suggestions. And I certainly do appreciate your input and taking the time to answer my post. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mark
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am always curious as to how people's marketing materials actually work?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2022, Stmarkus wrote:
Hello Chris, thanks. Yes, I’ve seen a lot of guys on here saying that a live teacher is the best way to learn. And I don’t dispute that. I’m sure the majority of members here are extremely serious, dedicated, and talented in their art.
Bur finding a quality teacher willing to teach, and at the same time having it be practical from my end is another thing. However I’m open to any and all suggestions. And I certainly do appreciate your input and taking the time to answer my post. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mark

What do you mean by "practical from my end"?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

Regards,

Mark

“ Practical “ as defined as , 1- Ive never seen anyone here advertising any sort of educational services regarding hypnosis. 2- And probably most relevant, I live in a remote town in the Central Mountain Range on the Island of Puerto Rico, and I’m not aware of any hypnosis teacher on the Island. And while I do intend on returning to the US mainland at some point, that’s not set in stone as to when. So while I don’t understand the relevance of your question as it relates to my original post, I hope I’ve answered it. Thanks for your reply.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2022, Stmarkus wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

Regards,

Mark

“ Practical “ as defined as , 1- Ive never seen anyone here advertising any sort of educational services regarding hypnosis. 2- And probably most relevant, I live in a remote town in the Central Mountain Range on the Island of Puerto Rico, and I’m not aware of any hypnosis teacher on the Island. And while I do intend on returning to the US mainland at some point, that’s not set in stone as to when. So while I don’t understand the relevance of your question as it relates to my original post, I hope I’ve answered it. Thanks for your reply.

I was only curious is all no biggie.

Yes living in a remote mountain range will be tough to find someone to do in person teaching at an affordable rate I should imagine.

Best way to do it is find someone whose show you like and would emulate and ask to tour with them. Be a roadie. Set up things, carry things and not make too much money, but not pay huge money for the trade and spend a couple years. Learn how to be on the road, learn how to route yourself, set up, tear down and also how to be on the road. (Just an afterthought being defensive doesn't really help either.)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Danny,

Sorry if you thought I was being defensive, but like you I was curious, as to what motivated your question. I appreciate you clearing it up for me.
Along with your advice. Thanks.

Mark
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What I outlined has always been the best option. Not the easiest but always the best and frankly how it has been done forever.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Mark,

I would recommend finding someone whose career you want to have and find out what it would for them to teach you. Some teach, some don't. Some can recommend who to go to.

A lot of people offer to teach, but find out if it's what you want to learn (ie If I want to work cruise ships I'd learn from someone currently doing cruises).

All the best
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
Kevin Lepine
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Kevin,

Thanks very much for your answer and your time. It looks like I need to do a bit more research.
Definitely appreciate your help and advice.

Regards,
Mark Stitz
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Mark,

What do you want to do career wise? How do you want to start?

A lot of hypnotists do a lot of work during Graduation season. That is always a great place to start.

All the best
Kevin Lepine
Kevin Lepine
www.Kevinlepine.com
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time. Career wise, in the long run, I’d like to do work in a theater. However I’m aware that this isn’t a practical start. I definitely appreciate your suggestion as far as working during Graduation season. But at this point I’d like a solid understanding of theory and practice behind hypnosis, as I do want to be completely confident and prepared for any situation that may occur. I firmly believe in safety first.
I seriously appreciate your time and advice.

Best Regards,

Mark Stitz
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Mark,
I always recommend starting with the basics. Find someone doing too many high school shows. Have them train you and then possibly have them send you out on gigs they can't do. You will have to pay them/roadie for them but that is good. Learn while doing is great. They may charge you a bit less and then charge you a higher commission if they send you out, I don't know (that isn't my market). Those shows are a great way to start building your personality and routines.

Always find someone actually doing what you want to be doing and learn as much as you can from them.

Red flag to avoid, if you want to be taken seriously LISTEN when they answer a question. Don't respond with what you want them to say or what you want to interject, just LISTEN. I have watched so many people lose the ability to learn from someone when the potential mentor realized they would never be listened to.

All the best
Kevin Lepine
Kevin Lepine
www.Kevinlepine.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
True. One can learn from Trial and error. There are a lot of ways to learn.

Just to twist a knife though think of how many thousands of people took in person training and have never done a single show. It is not the be all and ends all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Just offering an alternative - Mike Mandel also has a very extensive on-line hypnosis training program. He covers stage as well as therapeutic hypnosis. I don't have any idea how it compares to Michael's course, but you could comparison shop. When I was going through hypnosis training, I took the Mandel course on-line as well as a classroom style training from a local professional. They complimented each other very well. Good luck!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I really liked Mandel's course, but I would say it's far more therapy/change work focused. It'll make you a great hypnotist, but probably not a great entertainer. Mike himself recommends Stage Hypnosis University for state hypnotism.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Funny you should say that, as I’ve recently begun Mike Mandel’s course. I wanted a serious foundation in theory and to understand why things happened, instead of just going with it. I’m definitely happy with the course, as now I’m beginning to understand things I’d previously only heard about such as embedded commands, and fractionation etc. My point is I actually feel like I’m learning, and I enjoy that. Though at some point, I feel the next step is a mentor of sorts, but for now I’m happy with my choice. Thanks everyone, for your advice.

Cheers,
Mark
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
He's retired from stage hypnosis, but he is still very active with his training programs.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Does anyone still teach Hypnotism Over the Radio?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....