The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Doc is gone (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
I just heard that Doc - is gone.Very very sorry.
He was extremely generous with me, a true expert and a very nice man. Really sorry I lost a friend and a mentor.
Visiting his flat was just incredible. One of the highlights of my reaserches.
I will cherish all the souvenirs with him.
Rest in Peace my dear friend.
JJS
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
Doc, may he rest in peace, was a wonderful guy and I will miss him.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Stmarkus
View Profile
Regular user
Puerto Rico
131 Posts

Profile of Stmarkus
Rest In Peace Doc…. I was once privileged to meet him and him and a mutual friend, spent an all night session and after that I never looked at cards the same. He was a master and will be truly missed.

Peace,

Mark
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Knew Doc all my life and we actually learned magic together as kids growing up in Harlem. Remember to Ben we would save our little monies all month to go downtown to Tannen’s on Saturday mornings to buy tricks.

Well, he stuck with it and took his abilities to higher levels with cards & dice. Man, he was amazing to watch from the times of a young magician up to becoming a world renowned card man & bigtime gambler, creator and innovator.

He was one of my oldest childhood friends. 😔 We had been in touch down this part of the journey, and he was still about doing things his way, and it seems he mostly did from last we spoke about a month ago. We debated everything as we did as kids. He was always a perfectionist, and it goes to show that you certainly can perfect anything you put your mind to. He certainly did, all the way from where we come from.

RIP old friend. 🙏🏽♥️
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mandy
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of mandy
OMG Cant believed !!!!
Im from Argentina and have conctact with DOC like 4 years ago ! we always chat talking about Hustlers vs Magicians ! He always prefered Hustlers ! hahaha RIP DOC
Do any of you guys have his Monte videos from his friends ??

Thanks

mandy
kevin_74
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of kevin_74
That is very unfortunate, Rest In Peace Doc. My condolences to all his friends and family.

Also, great youtube video jjsanvert! It is always great to watch Doc demonstrate some moves.

Kevin.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There is greatness in all things, regardless of which side you’re on. And that’s why the outlaw, Jesse James and the lawman, The Lone Ranger both had greatness in them. Not for the same things, but in how well they did what they did. And in that they remain highly regarded by all those that continue to remember what they choose to believe is important never to forget about them.

Https://youtu.be/2xUDjgF0eEA
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I heard that Doc passed away elsewhere. Even though I seldom visit this spot I felt like it was fitting and necessary to come here to post my condolences. Doc was a huge part of this gambling spot. Some might say he was the impetus for this area of the Café being created. I believe he may have even suggested the name to Café management. That was 15 years ago. Doesn't seem possible.

Anyway, I really liked Doc. He was a decent guy and was always willing to discuss and help. It was a privilege to see his work when he was willing to share. I'm sad and I'll miss him.

Doc always felt there was a better place beyond this realm. He's there now I'm sure. Gone but not forgotten.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, tommy wrote:
Doc, may he rest in peace, was a wonderful guy and I will miss him.

Indeed, well said!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
For those who scroll back through this forum, back to a time when DOC posted here daily, there are many gems to be found.
DOC had many strong opinions, and he didn't hesitate to share them, or to make sure you understood you were "wrong" if you didn't quite get what he was trying to teach.
And a key word is "teach" ... because DOC would sit down with anybody who had put the time and work in, and help them develop whatever skill it was they were trying to develop.

DOC was a consummate gentleman though and through, and was very sincere and supportive of a great many folks who sought to better understand what might be possible with cards and dice.
I'll echo what Marlin1894 notes above, and say that DOC was really the reason the Gambling Spot initially got off the ground, and was a big part of its early success.

Peace to you DOC, I'll miss you my friend.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Very sad news. Doc was a mentor and a friend. Even if I haven't been here for 10 years, it feels like yesterday and this is indeed sad. R.I.P doc and thank you.