The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Science of Magic :: Jason Latimer combining magic and science (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Jason Latimer sent me some clips of combining Magic and Science, just try google search.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I'm interested in what might the impact of the Metaverse be on magic...there were a number of tricks developed with cell phones when that tech came out. This new thing...virtual reality goggles etc. I'm sure people will try to figure how to do tricks with the new tech. I'm not sure what will be possible, but I'm sure it will get complex. Anyone good with tech might clue us all in about where this might lead. On another forum I had a few guys go "Nope. Won't change anything." I feel pretty sure some things will happen with it and magic, I just don't know what.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
There is already folks giving concerts in vr, you could perform a stage show,
film it with 360 degree cameras and sell the tickets.

I would warn against using cgi to accomplish your effects, fact is vr
is already "surreal" watching a magician using digital manipulation
might be neat, it Would also be the least interesting thing to see or
do in vr.

On a side note penn and teller released a vr video game a couple years back,
so someone has found a way to make money with it.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
That seems to be the "take" by most magicians so far, yet I look just at the Apps for a cell phone to do tricks on a cell phone - I don't do any, but magicians have shown them to me. There is a whole section on Apps for the cell phone for magicians just on the Café. I'm just thinking this could grow into something similar for the Meta. Apps that allow you to do more and more kinds of magic tricks for your friends in the Metaverse. I hope I'm wrong. Really. The sooner we get out of the pandemic the better...more live venues, but if there is a new surge...people will be playing more with "virtual" magic.