The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: TCC Artisan Luxury Coins (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I'm currently learning the Atomic Coin - I really like it!!! Thanks again.
Nunhunter
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Nunhunter
Doug Brewer has two fantastic tricks with a sun/moon on his ‘unexpected visitor 2” dvd.

Both volumes are excellent, in fact
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have A C.S.B. Handling That does not use the pocket In my Mile high Lecture notes!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Got the TCC Arisan Flipper, nice but a pain you have to cut your own rubber band out of a balloon then try to attach it to both pieces, and using blue tack in part of the process to actually make the gimmick. I understand some may want varying amounts of tension, but a little overkill!
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2024, fcchief1 wrote:
Got the TCC Arisan Flipper, nice but a pain you have to cut your own rubber band out of a balloon then try to attach it to both pieces, and using blue tack in part of the process to actually make the gimmick. I understand some may want varying amounts of tension, but a little overkill!

If TCC assembled these first, by the time you go it, there's a good chance the rubber would be degraded/break.

That being said, do yourself a huge favor and use inexpensive (yet remarkably effective) beading cord instead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WWFDR6/
cytoplast
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of cytoplast
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2024, Chris Aguilar wrote:
That being said, do yourself a huge favor and use inexpensive (yet remarkably effective) beading cord instead.

This is amazing. I never even thought of this and I have this already for my kids. Brilliant. Thank you.
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2024, fcchief1 wrote:

I ordered the Artisan Walking Liberty Flipper set a year and a half ago.

When I received it, I was stunned to see the flipper had not been assembled (no elastic or assembly instructions had been provided).

The coins felt like reproductions to me. The relief was like proof coins and they had an odd luster for coins with such high relief.

I returned the TCC set for a refund, and I purchased a set from a US gaff maker that I knew was made from genuine silver Walking Liberty halves.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2024, cytoplast wrote:

This is amazing. I never even thought of this and I have this already for my kids. Brilliant. Thank you.

Check out my notes here.
At some point I'll update them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/29h2osli3ju3t......CX8xDXra
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2024, fcchief1 wrote:

Looks good but then trying to tie a knot in that small of a circle would be pretty difficult if you ask me. I think I will just take the rubber band, cut it like they say in the video then measure it and find some small dental rubber bands that will match. Trying to cut an almost 1mm piece off a balloon is pretty challenging, well at least at my age it is!

Tying the knot can be a challenge, but once done it's a long term fix vs repeated periodic maintenence, as the cord won't rot like rubber bands.

See the notes at the Dropbox link I posted above.