The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: TCC Artisan Luxury Coins (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I posted in another part of the forum and no replies. Has anyone received their TCC ALC (Walking Liberty) coins? If so, how's the quality and workmanship?
Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Received my coin purse but no Walking Liberty Hopping Half.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I believe as of the last update TCC made on the Kickstarter (Nov 3), the Walking Liberty sets have not shipping yet.

I just received my Kennedy coins yesterday, and happy with the quality. Picked up a folding coin, shell, flipper, CSB, shell, handful of the Brass Chinese coins, and the coin wallet/purse.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
My package with a bunch of items shipped back on 10/11 but tracking hasn't seen an update since 10/22 where it says:

"Processed Through Facility,
SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA"

I'm thinking it's stuck on a ship somewhere?
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2021, inigmntoya wrote:
My package with a bunch of items shipped back on 10/11 but tracking hasn't seen an update since 10/22 where it says:

"Processed Through Facility,
SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA"

I'm thinking it's stuck on a ship somewhere?

Mine was the same way, and then out of nowhere it was in New York. Are you tracking using the tracker TCC suggested, or you tracking it via USPS?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Mainly the USPS.
I just checked the TCC tracker site and the English info is the same, but there was an update on 11/4 only in the Chinese language section that Google translated to "Airline Receiving", so hopefully I'll see something soon.

Quote:
On Nov 10, 2021, trickyat86 wrote:

Mine was the same way, and then out of nowhere it was in New York. Are you tracking using the tracker TCC suggested, or you tracking it via USPS?
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
TCC just shipped the Luxury (Walking Liberty) coins on Nov. 15,2021.

It took me a month to receive the Half Dollar sets, so perhaps a similar time-frame for those who ordered the luxury sets.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Tracking finally updated.
They hit New York on the 17th and should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2021, inigmntoya wrote:
Mainly the USPS.
I just checked the TCC tracker site and the English info is the same, but there was an update on 11/4 only in the Chinese language section that Google translated to "Airline Receiving", so hopefully I'll see something soon.

Quote:
On Nov 10, 2021, trickyat86 wrote:

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4196 Posts

Profile of warren
I'm still waiting on my Walking Liberty CSB set and have yet to hear anything.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2021, warren wrote:
I'm still waiting on my Walking Liberty CSB set and have yet to hear anything.

The have posted a specific update with tracking #'s for the walking liberty sets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127....../3360258
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Just got my walking liberty sun and moon today. Set looks and handles great.
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
Reading some posts it is a hit and miss or spacific items that are better crafted?
Thank you for any info.
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
Sorry spacific = specific.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2021, bicycle66 wrote:
Reading some posts it is a hit and miss or spacific items that are better crafted?
Thank you for any info.

I haven't heard of any bad crafting of these coins. Only some patina issues that can be easily fixed by taking a few minutes to clean an affected coin.

The construction (and patina) on all my sets are very good (HD CSB, HD Hopping Half, and HD Flipper.)
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
If anyone is interested to see what the the regular (Half Dollar) TCC coins look like, you can see some of them in this photo album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RoUnBu2nSTnwBz1Z6
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I'm really impressed with the fit of the shell for my sun and moon set. Handles perfectly and there is no talking/rattling when handling the shelled coin.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
The sun/moon and CSB are well made from a machining perspective. The regular expanded shell while not bad, could have been a lot better.
Coverage is only "OK" and there's a noticeable loss of relief - a common problem with expanded shells.

Quote:
On Dec 14, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
I'm really impressed with the fit of the shell for my sun and moon set. Handles perfectly and there is no talking/rattling when handling the shelled coin.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I've always gravitated towards card magic, so I'm very new to coins, but trying to expand my repertoire. I've bought the sun and moon and csb set and would love some suggestions for better (no offence to TCC) and/or more tutorials and routines that would work with these coins.

Can anyone please suggest anything in book, instant download, DVD format that would be suitable?

Thanks!
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
For the sun/moon set, I recommend SAMOYA by Rob Thompson (or Roger Klaus's Soleil Et Lune)

For the CSB, The Atomic Coin by Pipo Villanueva is a nice routine for the set that's quite different from the usual handlings.

For a more traditional handling, the Bob Sheets / JC Wagner handling is a classic - Doc Eason has work on that as well. I personally prefer Sheets later handling "Triple Transpo" which doesn't got to the pockets.

Quote:
On May 20, 2022, danHumphrey wrote:
I've always gravitated towards card magic, so I'm very new to coins, but trying to expand my repertoire. I've bought the sun and moon and csb set and would love some suggestions for better (no offence to TCC) and/or more tutorials and routines that would work with these coins.

Can anyone please suggest anything in book, instant download, DVD format that would be suitable?

Thanks!
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Thanks for the suggestions