The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Hotel-Type Spirit Bell (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Eric E.
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Eric E.
Would love to hear from anyone who got the Hatiro Spirit Bell a couple years ago (or longer) whether they are still functioning. I had to dump mine after very minimal use. Pieces broke off and I don't know enough about electronics to repair them.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2316 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2024, Eric E. wrote:
Would love to hear from anyone who got the Hatiro Spirit Bell a couple years ago (or longer) whether they are still functioning. I had to dump mine after very minimal use. Pieces broke off and I don't know enough about electronics to repair them.

Perhaps it really is true that you get what you pay for. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
aoakden
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of aoakden
I have a Hatiro Bell that I purchased about 3-4 years ago from Nathan Kranzo. Although I paid $99, when I could get the same bell being sold by the creator for $59. There was an issue with the ringing and I have been unable to fix it, so it has never even been used in performance.
Eric E.
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Eric E.
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2024, aoakden wrote:
I have a Hatiro Bell that I purchased about 3-4 years ago from Nathan Kranzo. Although I paid $99, when I could get the same bell being sold by the creator for $59. There was an issue with the ringing and I have been unable to fix it, so it has never even been used in performance.

I appreciated how the Hatiro Bell actually depressed the button (as opposed to simply ringing the bell). It was impressive to see and really sold the idea that an invisible presence was operating it. The mechanics inside were intricate. Alas, they also lacked durability.
aoakden
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of aoakden
Yes, I do like the fact that the button is depressed. This is the first "Hotel" style bell I have purchased. Do other versions not have the button depressed when set off remotely?
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2316 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, aoakden wrote:
Yes, I do like the fact that the button is depressed. This is the first "Hotel" style bell I have purchased. Do other versions not have the button depressed when set off remotely?

I released Death Toll, the first version of a hotel bell to have the plunger fall, nearly 15 years ago: https://youtu.be/83aQFnWjkQA

I am retired and no longer making them but Andras Sebring of Metal Writing is now making them. https://www.metalwriting.com/products.html You get what you pay for.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Eric E.
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Eric E.
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, Christopher Taylor wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, aoakden wrote:

I released Death Toll, the first version of a hotel bell to have the plunger fall, nearly 15 years ago: https://youtu.be/83aQFnWjkQA

I am retired and no longer making them but Andras Sebring of Metal Writing is now making them. https://www.metalwriting.com/products.html You get what you pay for.

Christopher

Thank you for the links. Both yours and Sebring's Death Toll bells are stunning. Beautiful craftsmanship and look. You absolutely get what you pay for. And I don't think the prices are too outlandish for the quality you're getting.

There are a number of interesting effects on Metal Writing's site at a range of prices. I may pick up a Tarot deck while I save up for a much improved Spirit Bell. Smile
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2316 Posts

Christopher [/quote]

Thank you for the links. Both yours and Sebring's Death Toll bells are stunning. Beautiful craftsmanship and look. You absolutely get what you pay for. And I don't think the prices are too outlandish for the quality you're getting.

There are a number of interesting effects on Metal Writing's site at a range of prices. I may pick up a Tarot deck while I save up for a much improved Spirit Bell. Smile [/quote]

"Sebribg's Death Doll" and mine are the same bell. He purchased the rights to it when I retired. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

kuzelnik
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of kuzelnik
Made my own with a remote, aged it too, so it's unique.

Click here to view attached image.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
raether
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
93 Posts

Profile of raether
I also think it looks great. Any pointers for making a DIY hotel spirit bell? I have some electronic and computer skills.
Helmut Raether
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That does look amazing. If that photo is in fact real... and you can back up the workings. You may have a winner if you care to go retail. If not, and this is just for you... it's a stunner. With the right presentation, some arm hairs shall be raised.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
880 Posts

Profile of lin
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2024, raether wrote:
I also think it looks great. Any pointers for making a DIY hotel spirit bell? I have some electronic and computer skills.

Me too.

It’s a lovely piece, thanks for sharing it.