The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: Escape artest hospitalised with burn ,injuries practicing for AMG stunt (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Https://www.huffpost.com/entry/agt-accid......cbd33b54
Johahathan Goopwin was burned and fell to the ground after being crushed between two mid air cars which exploded'
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Just saw the footage, it's looks bad for Jonathon. I am waiting to hear back from him (if he's capable) and will add what I can find out.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hope he is OK - but he did like to push the limits. I remember Mick Hanzlick telling me about some of the background to Jonathan's show in the UK. His burn from an Iron was nasty enough - this sounds a lot worse.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
User101
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of User101
May as well add to this thread as I posted a new topic unaware of this. Apaprently he is now paralysed for life

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/18446677/jon......r-stunt/

SHocking and sad if true.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Thanks for the update User101.

Tragic news.
Jonathon got in contact with me when he first started out. We shared many emails and conversations. I'll always remember one of his first videos he sent me. In an elevator of a 20 (?) story building, he was fastened to a hand truck trolley, naked, by his father. His clothes placed on the floor just in front. Once fully secured, his father hit the down button and exited the lift. Jonathon had to extricate himself and dress before the lift reached the ground the floor. Waiting on the ground floor was mother, sister, other friends and his grand mother. The consequence for failure was embarrassment. Part of Jonathon unique style was to use none key operated methods of restraints. In the escape described his wrists, arms and legs were fasten with cable ties and twisted fencing wire to the frame of the trolley. His strong will and character will assist in him moving forward after this accident.