The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: Going to my first meeting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
So I am a SAM member, but I've never gone to my local group. I joined last year during the pandemic. I'm wanting to become more active and I need to get to know local magicians/mentalists. I'm in the DFW area and know that IMG Ring 174 and SAM assembly 13 have a combined group. This may sound silly, but I get nervous when I'm not sure what to do. Unfortunately the website doesn't have any info for new members. Am I just supposed to show up, or should I reach out to the group leadership first?
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Try 'google'SAM 13 - possible info who to contact = also international SAM - Hope someone contacts you.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
I just 'googled' and you have to put in "Society of American Magicians" ALL KINDS OF Contact Info'
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Thanks. I have the email of the club president etc, just wasn't sure what was normally expected. I'll reach out to him.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Normally, you just show up and say hello to people.

You should get a feel for things at the meeting and decide if you like it.

Hope you have a good time!
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
There is also assembly 138 in Fort Worth. The folks at the Dallas Magic Clubs are super friendly. When you get there, the Addison Treehkuse have people directing where what meetings are we're. The DMC are on the second floor. Before the meeting starts, they will ask who wants to perform. They then hold a short business meeting. Then what ever the program for the night is happens then the members magic and a raffle. They may or may not go out for food afterwards.

If you need anymore help, I'm the RVP for the South central region and can help. You can find my contact info on magicSAM.com and in the new issue of M-U-M.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Matthew,

Thanks so much, that’s all I needed to know! If I ever get I chance I’ll see you guys out in Ft Worth too.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
I'm down in Houston. The Fort Worth group has a public show coming up. Call the Illusion Warehouse for information.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians