The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Brad Burt (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I'm sad to report that Brad Burt of San Diego has passed away.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Many condolences to his family, loved ones, and friends.
Amazing_kenno
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Amazing_kenno
A wonderful man, generous with his time and so earnest in his teaching on his videos and tapes. I hope his family has many wonderful memories of Brad.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Sorry to hear this. He was my first online store source. RIP
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
RIP Brad Burt
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
How did he pass away. ?

How old he was ?

RIP
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1121 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Broken Wand. Rest In Peace.

I’ve carried the large size Sudbury like copper penny, that Brad had made, in my pocket for over a decade to use with a positive negative routine.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Chuck Martinez posted this on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/chuck.martinez.......07723276

For those that don't have a Facebook account, I am reproducing Brad's obituary here:

BRADLEY (“BRAD”) ALLEN BURT, Christ-follower, husband, dad, brother, friend, and magician, 68, passed away suddenly on August 21, 2021, from a pulmonary embolism while vacationing with his wife, Barbara, in Dolores, Colorado. He was born on September 14, 1952, in Tucson, Arizona and grew up in southern California beach cities of Huntington Beach, Westminster, and Costa Mesa. Brad and his best friend and wife, Barbara, were married for 32 years and have two children, Nicholas Daniel “Nick” Burt and Margaret Erin “Maggie” Burt. He will be missed by his extended family and friends, especially his sister Cindy (Burt) Krewson and nephew, Colton Krewson of Sydney, Illinois. He was preceded in passing by his parents, Warner and Joyce (Lewis) Burt.

Brad was an entrepreneur and magician for 50 years. Taking up studying and performing magic as a teen, he began working in a local magic shop with Stan Allen while in college, and later became a member of the prestigious Magic Castle (Hollywood). Working in magic had him hooked. He loved the business of magic as well as performing, so running a magic shop blended the best of both worlds. He always said his favorite part of being in the magic shop was talking to customers who became his friends and performing the latest tricks on the counter. When he moved to San Diego, he ran Magician’s World for Chuck Martinez for many years until he opened his own magic shop. Brad Burt’s Magic Shop was a local resource and hang out for San Diego magicians, both professional and amateur; there he hosted lectures from many internationally known magicians and taught magic classes to young and old. Brad expanded his teaching by producing 17 teaching videos on card, coin, and other close-up magic which were distributed worldwide.

After living most of his adult life in San Diego, Brad moved with Barbara to the place of his dreams in Sedona, Arizona in December 2020. With a quirky sense of humor, Brad had many passions, including cooking, gardening, self-improvement, and hiking around Sedona. He would daily thank God for the beauty of his marvelous creation found in Red Rock country.

Brad’s strong faith in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior guided his life from his 20s when he had a personal encounter with the Lord in the days of the Jesus movement in the 1970s. He had a great heart for people, especially children in need. For those who would want to remember him, and in lieu of flowers, contributions toward sponsoring a child in need can be made in Brad’s name at www.compassion.com/bradburt or Compassion International, 12290 Voyager Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80921.

I purchased many a magic effect from Brad back in the day. I was sad when he closed his shop.

Rest in Peace, Brad.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
That’s too bad. Though I didn’t know him, I did purchase items from him over the years. RIP
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
He was a good man, who will be missed. I hope his teaching videos continue to be passed around for generations to come.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
I too, enjoyed stopping by Brad's shop and having him or Dave show me the latest and greatest. I owned a lot of his tapes, and I believe he was a pioneer in the field. RIP, Brad. Smile
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3256 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I just saw this news today. Sad indeed. My father passed two years ago. He had lived in CA for many years and ALWAYS went to see Brad. He bought many wonderful items from him. I pray his family has peace. He brought joy to so many people.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
There will be a Broken Wand ceremony in memory of Brad at the Ring 76 September membership meeting.

https://www.ring76.com

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Here are photos from Ring 76's September meeting. President Mike Stilwell performed the Broken Wand ceremony and Librarian Gary Salisbury assisted Mike with tying a ribbon around the two halves and then presented the Broken Wand to Brad's wife, Barbara.

https://www.thephotobooth.net/Magic/Ring......-cm7RxC3

Rest in Peace, Brad!

Mark
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Sedona is absolutely gorgeous. So glad he was able to spend his last months where he desired to be.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Vanian
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA - Santa Fe, NM
154 Posts

Profile of Vanian
Wow, I don't know how I missed this... I used to work for Brad Burt at his shop in San Diego for about 3 years! Such a great time working there and he thought me so much. He will be missed.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm sad I missed this. Brad was a great guy. I had corresponded with him shortly before his passing and he told me about the move. Glad he got to enjoy Sedona. I'll see him again.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3256 Posts

Profile of magicmind