The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians :: Cellini Issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Angela P
View Profile
New user
Baden Baden, Germany
26 Posts

Profile of Angela P
A friend of ours has mentioned to us an issue of Jim Cellini will be published. Is this true? Thank you.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
925 Posts

Profile of mantel
Yes, it’s true. It will be the 54th issue.

Quote:
On May 6, 2021, Kozmo wrote:
Back in 2001 we shot an interview with Jon Racherbaumer interviewing legendary street magician Cellini. Cellini talks about his time on the street and his experiences with Slydini. This is just fantastic!

We are currently editing the 3 and half hour interview.

heres a taste. The Cellini section starts 1 minute 43 seconds in

https://kozmomagic.wistia.com/medias/gybnoa3891#
shadowsowner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shadowsowner
I'm new to the Café and also a new subscriber to ReelMagic. I have to say that the interview with Jim Cellini was to me really powerful and moving. I'm not talking about his work w/ magic and street performing and Slydini and being an amazing sleight of hand artist. I was incredibly impressed w/ his life story (growing up in an orphanage, not able to really get a formal education) and how he persevered through it all. And in the interview, when he could have been bitter about the challenges he faced he instead had a calmness and a peacefulness and a thankfulness for everything life brings.

I enjoyed it so much I went ahead and tracked down and purchased the book "No Ordinary Magic" which details a lot of his life as a performer. In the interview many of the pictures are credited to Eileen McFalls - She traveled w/ Cellini and took tons of photos and ultimately wrote the book. You can purchase it directly from her website.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
She also wrote the copy for his book, "The Royal Touch"
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
shadowsowner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shadowsowner
Gaddy - thanks for letting me know about authorship on "The Royal Touch" I started hunting for a copy of that book but it looks like it's out of print and the few available copies are quite pricey - I'll have to add it to the list of books I look out for.