The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Puzzle me this... :: Amazing 3d puzzle by TCC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3256 Posts

Profile of NeilS
TCC have made this puzzle so it has a 3d dimension. If anyone has this (and other similar puzzles) does the 3d dimension and method used add much to other versions already available? (I have the Tenyo tangram puzzle but now looking for something more stylish.)

Any thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neil
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
The TCC is very nice. I like the quality, keep in mind it is very small in size. However, it is thick. I don’t think it really adds, I also have Tenyo, I’d still say buy it!😀
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Truthfully, I am not a fan of this particular method. I fear an astute person might notice when (something changes).
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, the Sponge wrote:
Truthfully, I am not a fan of this particular method. I fear an astute person might notice when (something changes).

Well avoid astute people when doing this.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3256 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks for the input on this. Really appreciated.

Given that the observant could spot something amiss with this 3D version, I was wondering if Clear Mystery by Himitsu might be a better alternative? Again, any input as to a really good and possibly classy looking version would be welcome.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2021, NeilS wrote:

Given that the observant could spot something amiss with this 3D version,

I was really talking about the ones that use the METHOD, not the version. I feel the same way about the flat wooden one. I would say, watch the demo video, and if you don't notice anything, buy it.
dr.nick
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of dr.nick
Neil’s, If this type of effect is of interest I would absolutely buy it. I just received mine and the quality is outstanding. I was not familiar with the effect and from my research the “secret” requires an easy sleight of hand method. If the 2 dimensional methods require this then I think this would be as easy. The challenge is knowing the arrangement of blocks. Two steps are necessary and the second is easy. I have looked at the 2D models and find them lacking, this one is substantial. I’m playing with it now and when I tell my spectators that I will show them something impossible, I will. Good luck finding it.
PS. I have enjoyed and respect your comments for a very long time on the venerable magic Café.
Pss. I consider you venerable as well…Cheers
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I own the following five versions of this effect and I like all of them for different reasons.

The TCC version is very nice and small enough to fit in a jacket pocket although it is quite heavy so not an easy carry. I do not get the 3D concept. To me, just thicker pieces but does not add anything really.

The Tenyo version uses a different unique method and is of poor quality but a good version and interesting.

Secret Factory offers the Mini Tangram Paradox which I like a lot. Clever method and nicely made.

Secret Factory also offers Super Mini MTP which will fit in a shirt pocket. Interesting twist on this effect but so small that handling the pieces can be challenging and very easy to lose them.

Clear Mystery by Himitsu is excellent! Perhaps my favorite of the bunch. Devilishly clever!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3256 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks for your very kind words Dr Nick and thanks too to all have given me such useful advice and recommendations. Very much appreciated.

Neil
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1980 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
The pieces will not fit back inside the box after the second piece is added. I have the all wood version. Anyone else have this issue. I just received it today

Thanks