The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Elips App. (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Https://elips.app/

Discovered this thanks to 'Unbiased magic reviews '

Nice to see David back on his very informative reviews.

He highly recommends this.

It enables you to have a spec search for any song, on their phone and select one word.
With just a few questions you will know the word.
And the artist.
And the song title.

There are 3 methods and 1 enables you to do all this without having your phone on show.

This is very simple to operate, extremely clever and I am so pleased I purchased this after listening to David's review.

Surprised this hasn't popped up on the Café, so thought I would start this thread.

Best to all
Gerry
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Https://youtu.be/3ughPUuj4yw

Link to Unbiased magic review.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I have it. It’s great! Right up there with with WikiTest
Lakewood, Ohio
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Its good. I still prefer wikitest though.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On May 22, 2021, j100taylor wrote:
I have it. It’s great! Right up there with with WikiTest

Not got wittiest...yet.
But this, is very powerful if presented well..love it.
Waiting for the "covert" piece to arrive, which takes this to where I want it to be..
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Wittiest*...Read Wikitest
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1759 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Yeah I have been interested in this, but now that I'm moving back towards live shows and focusing less on virtual apps have taken a back seat. May still pick this up at some point though, but my hope is that I can never get on zoom again haha.
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Elips is compatible with SIGABA.

You can reveal the song writer automatically in your Notes App.

Or, you can send the song writer, or title to your instagram BIO thanks to HYDRA.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I’m always looking to build on my performances. Rather they be impromptu, gimmick or app based. Elips is hands down on my top 4 favorites for mentalism. The newest method for peeking any word from any song is definitely a worker. Hands free is what makes me enjoy this as much as I am. Obviously WikiTest sits in its own class but Elips also sits in a classroom all by itself. I look forward to using Elips as much as I’ve used any other magic app. It 100% coexists with the best of them. Thanks for releasing this and allowing us to get some of the best mentalism out of this product.

Satisfied customer.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Having been using the new method, I'm stunned more people aren't talking about this app. It's really good (and was so before the latest update). Hands-off, devious, and seemingly impossible. Very good app.
darrylrose
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
This new method is a game changer...Well done!
Felipe Oliver
View Profile
New user
Brazil
54 Posts

Profile of Felipe Oliver
Now with the integration with Lokey, this app is amazing!
k3nnyma
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of k3nnyma
Anyone here uses this app in non-EN speaking country?
I’m from a country in Asia where EN speakers cannot be found easily.
However people seem to know quite a lot about foreign songs which is quite hard for me to understand as I am one of the few who don't like music.
Wanna know if anyone here is facing the same situation and can share some insight…

This app is really interesting to me but I doubt if I will have many opportunities to use it
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I'm confused. According to the instructions you have to take their phone and punch in a website. Firstly, that's going to raise immediate suspicion with the participant. Secondly, that's not the impression given in the trailer. Thirdly, there is a demonstration in which the effect is performed over Zoom. How do you get to the participant's phone when they are miles away... or am I missing something?
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
I love elips app, it is powerful
Tarabas
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Tarabas
I have this. I like it a lot.
Flawless
View Profile
New user
Germany
64 Posts

Profile of Flawless
This is my first post here on The Magic Café and I want to dedicate it to ELIPS.

In my point of view ELIPS is one of the strongest effects when it comes to app-based magic, especially if you're an Android user. I very much appreciate that Maxime went the extra mile and also made it available to them.

The newly added Highlight Method was truly a game changer (even though I also love the Stopwatch Method), because you can now create a hands-off miracle and don't even have to ask for letters or handle their phone once... this allows you to fully concentrate on your performance and create meaningful moments on the topic of music.

The app is really clever, beautifully executed and more than worth every penny that I've spent on it. You can tell that the creator is passionate about this project and really put his heart in!

Thank you Maxime for releasing it, 10/10 stars. Smile
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
This App is excellent and organic…
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Is this a WebApp? Or native Android?
TheDBK
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of TheDBK
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2022, Drewmcadam wrote:
I'm confused. According to the instructions you have to take their phone and punch in a website. Firstly, that's going to raise immediate suspicion with the participant. Secondly, that's not the impression given in the trailer. Thirdly, there is a demonstration in which the effect is performed over Zoom. How do you get to the participant's phone when they are miles away... or am I missing something?

You don’t have to. In fact, you can tell them to go directly to the website themselves because the URL is so clean. The pairing method is absolutely ingenious and in my opinion is even better than the original Wikitest pair method. The routine is quite literally, they type in the Genius website themselves, search a song, and you know what it is. No weird pairing code entry.