The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Fire change costume (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I’m was watching the trailer for Cruella where the character changes costume in a fiery change. Crazy thought -would happen if you wrapped some of your body in a sheet of white Flash paper or maybe had a flash paper shirt on top of a shirt, could you light yourself with a change without harming yourself. With no hairspray or skin contact, it seems plausible but I’m not a scientist. Your thoughts? Costs?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7580 Posts

Profile of RNK
I say perform the experiment and let us know the finding Magic Brent!

lol.....kidding....unless you want to give it go? I think it would not burn through your clothes but would definitely cause a black mark on them.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
tonysmith
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of tonysmith
The heat from burning flash paper is INTENSE, even in those few seconds. You would need to cover your skin with protective gel (as stunt people use), have CO2 extinguishers near by etc. In a nutshell...don't try it.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Yeah, not recommended unless done by a trained pyro stunt crew. One issue is that flash paper burns very quickly when it is in the open but if it is against something, oxygen can’t get to it as easily and retards it’s burn. As an example, lay a sheet on a table of the ground and see how much slower it is.
Ray Pierce