The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2021, funnyclown wrote:
Less than 30 sets left on first batch. He only made 100 initially

Ordered mine yesterday--today it says there are 8 left of the first 100 made. It does also say these will be a limited item and not mass produced. I wonder how many batches they will make up...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Wait, I’m confused. This thread is now on page 3 and we’ve haven’t seen the usual “It’s overpriced rubbish, I’m out” post from pegasus yet. 😃
Did I slip over into an alternate universe?

Ah, c'mon peg, you know I love ya!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Thank you funnyclown.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2021, videoman wrote:
Wait, I’m confused. This thread is now on page 3 and we’ve haven’t seen the usual “It’s overpriced rubbish, I’m out” post from pegasus yet. 😃
Did I slip over into an alternate universe?

Ah, c'mon peg, you know I love ya!

I’m leaving that until the reviews start coming in. Smile Smile
No, I have a good feeling about this product, and it’s not ridiculously priced either.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7580 Posts

Profile of RNK
I I also believe that the price for this is right on.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
487 Posts

Profile of geggy
Ordered on Wednesday evening and just had a tracking email this morning.
Expected Monday!!!
That's very impressive if it pans out.
Coming from Taiwan was expecting at least 2 weeks.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I am unhappy that I felt compelled to purchase this, but I think it finally solves the problems all the other versions had.

I look forward to getting this.

Now I have to go sell something.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Holy Wood is now sold out!
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, funnyclown wrote:

I wonder how many runs they will do? I imagine the process to make these is quite intensive, at least from the videos they have on their website. I thought it was interesting that they show the inner blueprint in one of the videos. I am thinking I shouldn't have done the First Class shipment and paid a little more for another service...just to have it not spend too much time in transit.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, rbromley wrote:
Quote:

I wonder how many runs they will do? I imagine the process to make these is quite intensive, at least from the videos they have on their website. I thought it was interesting that they show the inner blueprint in one of the videos. I am thinking I shouldn't have done the First Class shipment and paid a little more for another service...just to have it not spend too much time in transit.

I asked them that exact question about upgrading shipping speed. I also was willing to pay extra for a faster service. But they said they only have 1st class with a tracking number.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, rbromley wrote:
Quote:

I asked them that exact question about upgrading shipping speed. I also was willing to pay extra for a faster service. But they said they only have 1st class with a tracking number.

Interesting, I had 3 options when paying, one was about $35 for the fastest service and about $14 for First Class. At least there will be tracking when it ships. Thanks for the info.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Tracking is very important and also a verifiable signature upon receiving too, just in case it never turns up.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
487 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Tracking is very important and also a verifiable signature upon receiving too, just in case it never turns up.

It ships thru UPS.
I downloaded the UPS app and knowing I won't be home,changed delivery to a local access point, my local newsagent.
Still can't believe it's saying due tomorrow between 11am and 4pm when I only ordered on Wednesday, we shall see.
Have waited far longer for things ordered from the UK!!!!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2021, geggy wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2021, pegasus wrote:

It ships thru UPS.
I downloaded the UPS app and knowing I won't be home,changed delivery to a local access point, my local newsagent.
Still can't believe it's saying due tomorrow between 11am and 4pm when I only ordered on Wednesday, we shall see.
Have waited far longer for things ordered from the UK!!!!

Now that is incredible. You wanna hope your newsagent isn’t a magician.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
487 Posts

Profile of geggy
Now that is incredible. You wanna hope your newsagent isn’t a magician. [/quote]

Ha ha..if he is, not a worry.
As long as he is an honest one.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Kobra
I've just received mine and am very pleased. I'm tempted to buy a second, bar for the shipping. The opposite grain at the ends really sells it, and I do prefer it over industrial revolution.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4326 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, Kaliix wrote:
I am unhappy that I felt compelled to purchase this, but I think it finally solves the problems all the other versions had.

I hope you and your family are well. May I ask what problems did you have with other versions and how did this wood version solve those problems?
I did not get this wood version due to concerns that since it is made from wood, it can chip and/or warp and taht with repeated use any joints would become loose and less secure and that a seam will more likely appear than with steel versions.

Best regards,
Micahel
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2021, Kobra wrote:
I've just received mine and am very pleased. I'm tempted to buy a second, bar for the shipping. The opposite grain at the ends really sells it, and I do prefer it over industrial revolution.

This is awesome to hear I can’t wait till I receive mine.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Kobra
I've got various metal versions, card sized and matchbook sized. Big fan of the recent punct but the setup can be difficult. And Metalphone is brilliant for its locking. My IR rusted but works well, and was my go to.

I like this because you can't see the seem, looks deceptive, the weight matches a deck of cards, feels and sounds like wood etc. Let's see how it fairs over time though - well looked after, I think it will last.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, Kaliix wrote:

I hope you and your family are well. May I ask what problems did you have with other versions and how did this wood version solve those problems?
I did not get this wood version due to concerns that since it is made from wood, it can chip and/or warp and taht with repeated use any joints would become loose and less secure and that a seam will more likely appear than with steel versions.

Best regards,
Micahel

I haven't received mine yet, but I got the impression from this video that the block is only wood on the outside and some other material inside. I may be understanding it wrong, but that is my guess after watching them talk in detail about the production of the block.

https://youtu.be/EBO31UEMNMM