The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: Duality App by CobraMagic (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:

if the max resolution is 360p I would only send this to people who still have a Nokia...

And the percentage of the population that would actually care about the resolution is probably 0.01. Especially with all the Zoom and Skyping in the past year even on network broadcasts.
Besides, you don’t have to send it to anyone if you don’t want to, that’s just an additional feature. I’m not sure what the max resolution is, I haven’t heard that discussed. I don’t see it as an issue.

I’ve had previous dealings with Yaniv and Liron Levy and they seem like good people to me and very trustworthy. But also, Benke Smith seems to be a fan of Duality and he knows a thing or two about apps. If Cobra decided they no longer wanted to be in the app business I could totally see someone else taking it over from them.
Not saying anything like that is likely to happen but another reason I’m not overly concerned about future support.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:

if the max resolution is 360p I would only send this to people who still have a Nokia...

And the percentage of the population that would actually care about the resolution is probably 0.01. Especially with all the Zoom and Skyping in the past year even on network broadcasts.
Besides, you don’t have to send it to anyone if you don’t want to, that’s just an additional feature. I’m not sure what the max resolution is, I haven’t heard that discussed. I don’t see it as an issue.

I’ve had previous dealings with Yaniv and Liron Levy and they seem like good people to me and very trustworthy. But also, Benke Smith seems to be a fan of Duality and he knows a thing or two about apps. If Cobra decided they no longer wanted to be in the app business I could totally see someone else taking it over from them.
Not saying anything like that is likely to happen but another reason I’m not overly concerned about future support.

sure, if I wouldn't have standards regarding video quality in 2021 and performing only for friends and not on a professional level I would not care about lowres videos either...will hobbiest pay that price? From a professional view I would not use those videos.

if people wanna pay a high price for low quality: go for it. I will happy to get proven wrong that 360p is max resolution. But as it seems a realtime insert I guess it is.

Again: only my opinion on that app.
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
[/quote]
sure, if I wouldn't have standards regarding video quality in 2021 and performing only for friends and not on a professional level I would not care about lowres videos either...will hobbiest pay that price? From a professional view I would not use those videos.

if people wanna pay a high price for low quality: go for it. I will happy to get proven wrong that 360p is max resolution. But as it seems a realtime insert I guess it is.

Again: only my opinion on that app. [/quote]

The resolution of the video player is as high as your mobile phone (up to 4k).

When you share the video it compresses the video to full HD (2 MBps) so it's fast shared.

In the near future, we will have the ability to share the original quality.

For more information visit our private FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CobraMagic
Cobra Magic Technologies - Electronic devices for magicians.

www.CobraMagic.com
tleong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
22 Posts

Profile of tleong
Why there are some people who are so anti android? IF you do not like Android, just keep your mouth shut. Making unnecessary remark or condemn about it only make you looks like a moron. When a creator came out with a new magic app, if you like it, you buy it. If you don't, then just walk away from it. Usually a creator set the price for a reason. If you cant afford or you think is not worth it, just skip it. U don't have to comment so much since you have not use the app yourself before.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2021, tleong wrote:
Why there are some people who are so anti android? IF you do not like Android, just keep your mouth shut. Making unnecessary remark or condemn about it only make you looks like a moron. When a creator came out with a new magic app, if you like it, you buy it. If you don't, then just walk away from it. Usually a creator set the price for a reason. If you cant afford or you think is not worth it, just skip it. U don't have to comment so much since you have not use the app yourself before.

People are anti android for magic apps for many valid reasons. It is appropriate to say those on a thread about a magic app or when people are complaining about one being only iphone
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, videoman wrote:
Yaniv, how much user customization if any is possible?

Can it only be black numbers on solid white background?

You can only use the same color for the prediction text as you use for the cover... sometimes it's difficult to match the color exactly, so make sure you remove the cover really quick. I wish they added the color filter option (as we saw in MentalPlay) so the prediction would be visible only over a white background, and we could move any colored objects in front of the prediction...
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
After finally receiving the test version of Duality 2.0 (after several weeks of delay), I took the time and effort to extensively test the "brand new app". I have posted my bug report, suggestions and feature requests in the "Duality users" facebook group. Shortly after that I've got kicked out of the group with no reason. Be prepared for my detailed review of my "Duality experience"... coming soon. Smile
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:
After finally receiving the test version of Duality 2.0 (after several weeks of delay), I took the time and effort to extensively test the "brand new app". I have posted my bug report, suggestions and feature requests in the "Duality users" facebook group. Shortly after that I've got kicked out of the group with no reason. Be prepared for my detailed review of my "Duality experience"... coming soon. Smile

That's absolutely bonkers! Unfortunately, current users do feel let down by the developers of this app. There is very little shared about the plans for the app, i.e. what features will be released when. Unfortunately the app is also full of bugs and has issues.

I hope the developers sort out their act and listen to users else this is a doomed project Smile
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
On second thought I've decided not to write my detailed review about my "Duality experience". I'm sure many users will write their own reviews soon... I just wish the Cobra Team good luck, and I hope they will learn from their mistakes.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Just now aware of this app (yes, I'm late to the 'game', as usual). So glad I read this thread before purchasing. As one of the many fans of Benke, and with great respect for his genius and his honesty, his thoughts on this app are, as we lawyers say, 'outcome determinative.' So, needless to say, I'll be passing on this one...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Although I’ve only had really positive experiences with Yaniv (the Duality app developer) in the past, I’m not feeling the love this time. I’m sure a lot of it has to do with their team being new to the app game. It’s a completely different animal than developing and updating hardware based components.

Unfortunately, I’m getting the same vibe from the Cobra team as I did long ago from the T-boys and Nobody Knows. Primarily that they don’t seem to want to discuss what their upcoming plans are, and they seem somewhat unwilling IMO to implement user feedback.

As with T-boys, I feel like there’s this mindset that if we didn’t think of it, then we don’t want to do it. It’s the old attitude of “this is our baby and we know better than you, so we’re going to do it our way”.
I hope this is wrong and they start incorporating more user suggestions but the feeling so far is that most feedback is falling on deaf ears. But it’s hard to be certain because they remain very quiet and opaque. Benke seemed to love the app and to be genuinely excited about its potential, often sharing new ideas, suggestions, and videos. So obviously giving Benke the boot from the users group was not a good sign.

Again, although they appear to be open to suggestions publicly, they also seem like they don’t want anyone telling them what they should do or pointing out problems.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Does anyone know if the recent update has been added yet? I know there was feedback on the resolution being quite low when sending the video to the spectator as not being very good. Or when the number is revealed it is of a lower resolution quality to the rest of the video?
Thanks
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
After resolving our issues, I'm back testing Duality. Smile
Here is a compilation of my revelations so far (all made with Duality v1.0):
https://youtu.be/AHo3mkn6z7A
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Hello everybody,

We would like to address the recent posts here, and hopefully, answer all of your questions.

It's not a secret that Duality is our first magic app, but we are learning fast and we have well-experienced friends who help us growing.

If it seems that we are not communitive enough with our customers, regarding our upcoming plans for Duality, it is something that we will take into our consideration and try to improve upon.
However, We are highly aware of our user's requests, and even if we don't share everything publicly, we can assure you that all of the feedback is being implemented as fast as possible.

We are always open for improvements and critic, and we are available for private chats and video calls for every question you might have.

Duality is not only a magic app, it's a tool for magicians to book more shows and to engage with the spectator.

For more info- https://www.cobra-magic.com/collections/......agic-app

With warm regards,
The Cobra Magic team.

www.CobraMagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks for your reply Yaniv, and great to hear that you and Benke have sorted things out.
But understand that promises (and good intentions) are easy to make but the proof is in the results.

For anyone getting into the app game the bar has been set very high with Benke, Marc Kerstein, Ian Pidgeon, and others.

For “proof” here is Marc's latest post regarding his Streets app:

Magicmarcuk:
The 9th update of Streets Pro since its release last month is out now.
Amongst other new features, it also brings support for the Oblivious Notifier Sharpie.

Ninth update in a month, and note that Streets is certainly not Marc's only app he’s supporting.

So no one criticizes to be harsh or mean, but it is simply that we have been spoiled by some really diligent, talented, and hard-working app developers.
You are stepping into the ring with them so naturally you are going to be compared.

Also, IMO, gone are the days when an app developer would toil away for several months or a year (teasing users all along the way) and then release a new version with several major additions/improvements.
Now for the most successful app developers it’s release an update maybe every few weeks (or often days) with maybe only 1 or 2 improvements. That seems to be Benke and Marc's MO. Focus on a single issue, get it worked out and then release it and begin to tackle the next one. Rather than feeling like you need to bundle 30 bug fixes all together in a single release.

Now having said that, please allow me to make one suggestion regarding Duality.
This app, almost more than any other, simply screams out for the use of a hidden remote such as Versa and Wilson remotes.
Now I realize that not everyone owns a remote or wishes to so it’s great that you have other clever methods of input that need no additional equipment. But many folks do own and use third party remotes and supporting these would certainly make Duality that much closer to being nearly perfect.

I also realize that supporting a remote is probably not as much fun and rewarding for you when compared to creating some brand new clever and creative self-contained input method. But this is a perfect example of being able to “let go” and not just do what you want to do, but giving many of your customers what they want as well. It is possible to do both.
Please don’t get on the downhill path of the T watch boys and essentially refuse all suggestions because you feel like you are smarter and know better than all of your users. That’s a crash and burn recipe for disaster.
Mishka
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mishka
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:
After resolving our issues, I'm back testing Duality. Smile
Here is a compilation of my revelations so far (all made with Duality v1.0):
https://youtu.be/AHo3mkn6z7A

Thanks for sharing your compilation Benke. Great ideas. I have been using the original Duality and lately installed Duality 2.0. While installing I needed some help from Yaniv. I sent him a message and got an instant response. In the new version there is an improved menu and more options. It shows that Cobra magic are continuously working on improving the product. I'm ready to try out the new features and curious to see future developments with the app.
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, videoman wrote:

This app, almost more than any other, simply screams out for the use of a hidden remote such as Versa and Wilson remotes.

these would certainly make Duality that much closer to being nearly perfect.

We are working on adding a remote control for Duality.

Thank you videoman

www.CobraMagic.com
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your compilation Benke. Great ideas.

Funny story.... in the Duality Users group I asked users to share more rendered videos made with Duality, I was hoping for new ideas and inspirations... Then I got a message from Yaniv, asking me not to address his users directly, and also I shouldn't ask for more videos in the group. (??????) Clearly my help/motivation is unwanted here, so I've left the group again - this time at my own decision.

Best of luck to all Duality users, you deserve to get a great product for your money!
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Do you have to have the dodgy black cloth over the prediction? it us the only thing holding me back from buying this.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, Paul Forster wrote:
Do you have to have the dodgy black cloth over the prediction? it us the only thing holding me back from buying this.

hi my friend. I don't know why you got out from the fb group, but I have to say that you gave me very good and cool ideas in your video! very creative! thanks.