The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: Duality App by CobraMagic (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, cardbiker wrote:
Can’t you make it a little cheaper?

Yes, the price in the zoom event will be 119USD + special bonus !!!

Join the event at our FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CobraMagic
Cobra Magic Technologies - Electronic devices for magicians.

www.CobraMagic.com
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, cardbiker wrote:
Will iPhone users get the discount when it’s launched? Thanks

Yes, at the zoom event IOS will be release!
Cobra Magic Technologies - Electronic devices for magicians.

www.CobraMagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks for your answers Yaniv.
Great news about the iOS release!!!

For dense people like me...I’m in California,USA so by my calculations the FB event will start at 10:00am my time, is that correct?

That is this Sunday. Which also happens to be Easter Sunday BTW.
Eitay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Eitay
Great app and the developers are giving great full support to everyone that needs it like all other products they published over the years (not just apps).
The app is still in develop and new feathers are yet to come as I understood from Yaniv, but even in the state of it right now it works great and people giving great reaction for the show . This app is very special app that really feels like real magic.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
I've been using Duality for a couple of weeks and experimenting with it. So far I would give this a 9/10 and am very very happy with how it works in its current state, with interesting developments to come. Could possibly be the cleanest app effect I've used alongside The Stranger. The inputs range from invisible to impossibly invisible. What the spec remembers is that you show them a video of yourself (or whoever you want) and midway through they name a number between 1 and 100 and at the end of the video, the number is revealed without the magician moving his hands from the phone. And here's the thing, that's exactly what happens, with no assistance.

The price is slightly on the high side but I have no regret and will use this all the time. It's literally a file I can click and show from my phone with a secs notice. No fuss, perfect effect and the response has been that it was the most impossible and baffling thing they have ever seen. You can then send them the video via WhatsApp or FB right away so great memento.
avi maman
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of avi maman
Great app works great waiting for the new update, I personally would be happy for an option to add an option by remote control in Bluetooth, or a link to an assistant from another phone makes the operation more clean and safe
Beto
View Profile
New user
BRAZIL
14 Posts

Profile of Beto
This app is a killer. When I first saw it I couldn't believe how genius the method was. The video quality is great (I have been uploading FHD videos so far) and you can customize the prediction to match your video perfectly. It does take some time to get the whole thing going and Yaniv has been very supportive to answer questions and have video calls to go over any issues.
I have been using it for a few days and I noticed that the app still needs some fine adjustments but as it stands now it is already a VERY strong effect and everything is working just fine. Can't wait to see what the creators are planning for the future updates. Price is not very appealing, specially if you live outside the USD zone, but you get a very unique effect, which will probably be the start of something ever better.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
What really puts me off now are those "killer reviews" from people with a minimal number of posts...
and the price to predict a number from 1-99...
SharkTrager442
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
What really puts me off now are those "killer reviews" from people with a minimal number of posts...

I rarely post on here because I've found it way too snarky and there are more friendly forums.

You are right, it does seem like a predict a number from 1 to 99 but it's probably the best predict a number from 1 to 99 you can get. Plus that's just for starters. I'm not affiliated to the app, just so delighted by it that I had to chime in once the thread started.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:

Indeed and ignore.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of eb02
Hi
I have the app (Android version) for a month and perform it many time.
I upload two different movies (no limit for the amount), one of them is connected with my daily business- which I do for my customers.
I also did it after a show as people gathered around and asked to see something more.
The reaction are great!

You can customizes the movie for an event or for a client on the spot, it takes 2-3 minuets to set it up.
The options of where the number will appear are unlimited and depend on your imagination.

I highly recommend the App.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That’s more like it. Of course, the price is high and the main concern, as always, is how long the dev decides to keep the app updated. Stung too many times personally so it’s a no from me.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of eb02
I didn't mention the price as I don't go to anyone pocket.
I can say that this is a working tool and do the job.
I know Yaniv and his work and I count that the App will run for long and will have much more features very soon.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
SharkTrager442
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Quote:
how long the dev decides to keep the app updated. Stung too many times personally so it’s a no from me.

If the app is never updated again, it will last you forever. Doesn't rely on a network or a need for an up to date UI. You just show a video.
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
I confess that I know Yaniv personally.
I have purchased during the years a few of CobraMagic products, which are very impressive and I like specially their high reliability.
I have purchased very recently Duality and it produces really a strong magic effect, exactly as explained in Cobra website. It is one of the best (if not THE best) magic applications that I use.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, SharkTrager442 wrote:

how long the dev decides to keep the app updated. Stung too many times personally so it’s a no from me.

If the app is never updated again, it will last you forever. Doesn't rely on a network or a need for an up to date UI. You just show a video.

That is very reassuring.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, pegasus wrote:

That’s more like it. Of course, the price is high and the main concern, as always, is how long the dev decides to keep the app updated. Stung too many times personally so it’s a no from me.

I look at it this way...say you perform the effect 200 times in a year, that’s way under a dollar a pop. It’s worth that to me even if the app is dead after a year. There are many similarly priced props (actual physical props) that may not last much beyond 200 performances. Just as an example, will Henry Harrius's new cube in bottle last 200 performances? Supposedly it does but there is no warranty with it. Plus, props like that get wear and tear even when just practicing and you don’t have that with apps.
I know avid golfers that spend way more than the cost of this just on golf balls in a year.

I guess I just don’t understand this mindset that something has to be guaranteed to last a lifetime or it’s not worth it, when very few things really will in actuality.

I trust Yaniv will keep this viable for a good long time.

Have you really been “stung” many times? I know it happens occasionally but I’ve yet to experience it once let alone many times and I own a ton of magic apps.
MA51C AD
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of MA51C AD
Such an amazing app . A must for every magician and mentalist. Such a strong effect and the customer support is second to none. Top work guys
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, pegasus wrote:

I look at it this way...say you perform the effect 200 times in a year, that’s way under a dollar a pop. It’s worth that to me even if the app is dead after a year. There are many similarly priced props (actual physical props) that may not last much beyond 200 performances. Just as an example, will Henry Harrius's new cube in bottle last 200 performances? Supposedly it does but there is no warranty with it. Plus, props like that get wear and tear even when just practicing and you don’t have that with apps.
I know avid golfers that spend way more than the cost of this just on golf balls in a year.

I guess I just don’t understand this mindset that something has to be guaranteed to last a lifetime or it’s not worth it, when very few things really will in actuality.

I trust Yaniv will keep this viable for a good long time.

Have you really been “stung” many times? I know it happens occasionally but I’ve yet to experience it once let alone many times and I own a ton of magic apps.

So let’s set a scenario whereby you are performing this regularly because you absolutely love it and then suddenly, without warning, it no longer works. Tell me you wouldn’t be upset.
Mishka
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mishka
I would like to share my experience with the App and with Cobra Magic.
The app has a great effect - when a person says a number which turns out to be the same number that was written down before.
Got very good support From Cobra Magic when needed.
There is also a Facebook group to get and exchange information.
The Cobra Magic people give you some basic ideas on using the app - I recommend using these at first. After you try the basic ideas, you can develop your own plots according to your imagination.
Easy to work with (I recommend that you plan ahead the plot you are going to film).
I think that one of it's best uses is to impress another person - friend, other magician, potential customer etc. You can then send them the video with the number they chose, with an attached personalized message.