The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: Penguin Magic Openbox (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
87 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
I have the Penguin Magic Openbox link bookmarked and check it from time to time - today I noticed it no longer shows up on the site - has it been discontinued?
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
87 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
Looks to be back now, was probably just a case of having no products to put up
chinablue
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of chinablue
Can you post link....cheers
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
87 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
socalguy
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
51 Posts

Profile of socalguy
Sort of like gambling in Las Vegas. The price drops every 60 seconds, and you risk losing out on a bargain in hopes of getting your catch to 80% off or more.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I have won some and missed some great deals with Open Box ! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Eight years on and I'd love to hear what people think of the "Open Box" deal these days. Seems like a joke. They have an infinite number of "open" copies of A Little R & B, Balloon School, Classic Force, Ring Leader, The Sheridan Course, and at least a dozen other things that are over a decade old. Occasionally I see something new-ish, but for the most part it's the same old discards popping up every couple of days. What the…?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
Hit and miss...some good items, some not. I've scored some good deals. Have missed out on a few too as I was pondering and waiting for price to fall a bit more...then somebody else scooped it up. It's brilliant way for Penguin to move inventory...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I've bought and used or resold dozens of their open box deals over the years. I've never once actually received anything that had been opened. Everything has been sealed and unopened.

You definitely see a lot of trash on the open box deals, but give it a look in the middle of the night. That's when I've had the best luck. You can usually wait until the price is well under 40% of the original, but I've also received $50+ items for under a buck.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
728 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Has the Openbox finally shut? Never there when I've checked it recently