The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: Question Regarding Boardwalk Magic Shop in Santa Cruz, CA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Has anyone here ever purchased anything online from Boardwalk Magic Shop? They are located in Santa Cruz, California. I was curious to know if anyone has made any purchases from that store and, if so, what kind of experience they had. Thanks in advance for your replies.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Hey Peter
I was just going to put this same post out there! I am a little sceptical when I see the huge range of items listed as 'in stock' - but only because I have never heard of them.
Hopefully someone has done some online business with these guys and can let us know how it went. I remain a little too nervous to place an order...
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Faroshuffle
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, CA (Orangevale)
69 Posts

Profile of Faroshuffle
I walked through that shop pre-pandemic in 2019/early 2020. I wasn't very impressed at all. Very small, lots of dime-store type stuff and very disorganized. Felt like I was in a messy "kids" room. May have changed since then, but, I wouldn't bet on it.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Well, a few days have now passed by, and although they advertise,

"Text or call us anytime 24/7 for magician supplies & support....MESSAGE A MAGICIAN 24/7...Magicians across the world are standing by... happy to serve you! -- -- -- ....

I've never heard back from any of the "magicians across the world".

Although their website looks quite impressive, which clearly is not a reflection of the shop (as per the comments above), I am quite happy that I did not put in an order for some the amazing books that they advertise for sale. I remain extremely sceptical....
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Don't waste your time with this place.
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
I have made the mistake of ordering a difficult-to-find item from them. The payment went through, but the order hasn't shipped yet. That was several weeks ago. Well, it LOOKED like a real magic shop. There's more sleight of hand going on in magic than I realized.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
I just saw all of the replies to my post and I would like to thank each and every one of you for your posts.

Your responses are very much appreciated!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
Pretty sure they just ripped me off, which is how I ended up here.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Anthony Istar
View Profile
New user
Mulhouse, France
42 Posts

Profile of Anthony Istar
Hi guys,
Same problem with me, I got ripped off... Order the 2nd of August and nothing yet (plus they don't answer any email).
Ask PayPal for a refund before the end of the 3 months period!
wdavidlewis
View Profile

Los Angeles
0 Posts

Profile of wdavidlewis
Thanks everyone for posting. I was about to order from them when I noticed a book that's several years OOP up for sale at list price when it's going for 3x more than that and got suspicious. And sorry to those that got ripped off.