The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: TimeSmith by Benke Smith (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Unfortunately it's not that simple.... Smile

NK stated on their website that they will return this year and continue/renew the Turner Watch project. I'm not sure what this means exactly and when will it happen, but it seems they have not abandoned the project for good. This also means they won't be happy if I "stole" their users.

On the other hand, if existing TW users would be willing to pay for using my app, that won't hurt the business of NK... Smile

Anyway, if someone's interested, please PM me. ;-)
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Jason Purdy wrote:
I’m still a little confused. If the TimeSmith app works with some other hybrid watches. Does it currently work with the Turner? Thanks!

Yes, and no. Yes, it could work, unofficially. No, it's not supported officially until I get permission from NK (which I've requested a couple of times since last October).

I understand that Benke wants to do the right thing and get permission from NK before supporting their watch, and I commend him for putting forth that effort. But it now seems like doing the right thing has shifted from getting the creators permission to helping out the many Turner owners who have essentially been abandoned by the creators.

It’s my understanding that NK has not refused Benke's request but simply ignored him in the same way they have always ignored users requests and now ignore users problems. So if doing the right thing is truly the motivating factor it would be a tremendous help to the large T watch community to begin supporting their orphaned product.

Benke, since it is becoming clear that you will never receive a response from NK, how long do you intend to wait before adding t watch support?

Its their full right not to want him to integrate. I'd disagree with that decision but they can. It would be wrong to integrate otherwise. They have more watches coming I assume and with that probably new app stuff. I see why they wouldn't.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If they don’t respond with a no then what’s the problem ? I am sure Benke wouldn’t have asked every other manufacturer of Bluetooth hybrid watches if he can use theirs so they should feel privileged . Are there any other watches apart from the TW that have a second hand that will work with Benke’s amazing app ? Thanks for any help Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, cardistry master wrote:

Its their full right not to want him to integrate. I'd disagree with that decision but they can. It would be wrong to integrate otherwise. They have more watches coming I assume and with that probably new app stuff. I see why they wouldn't.

I agree it is their certainly their right not to grant permission, but it’s also common courtesy to reply and not simply ignore reasonable requests. In my mind, that behavior is also “wrong”. If the answer is no then simply say no. But if they were truly interested in growing their business they would be smart to work with Benke. Ignore him at your own peril. But I don’t think their personalities allow them to do that. Ignoring Benke is just further proof of their enjoyment of stringing people along.

AFA more watches and app stuff coming, they very well may be dangling that carrot for years to come or for at least as long as it still means anything. Unfortunately NK have proven themselves to be the exact opposite of Benke. They seem to get great joy from hinting at new things and then disappointing their users. I guess they love the feeling of control that gives them.

Now this was all fine when they were basically the only game in town. But that has changed and they will need to pick up the pace soon in order to survive. The time has come for them to put up or shut up. But I think they realize there is no way that they could ever compete with Benke and Andras. To do so would require them to listen to and apply user feedback, something that IMO would take all the fun out of it for them.

I don’t expect to be hearing much from NK in the future, other than perhaps a couple more false promises as a last gasp to try and delay the inevitable and remain relevant for as long as they can.
Their only hope is to create and release an entirely new and different product and hope they haven’t already ruined their reputations such that no one will trust them.

Now I absolutely hope they prove me wrong and release incredible new updates very soon. I would love that. If they do change their ways I will be the first to come on here and admit I was wrong about them. Anyone care to make a wager?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
If they don’t respond with a no then what’s the problem ? I am sure Benke wouldn’t have asked every other manufacturer of Bluetooth hybrid watches if he can use theirs so they should feel privileged . Are there any other watches apart from the TW that have a second hand that will work with Benke’s amazing app ? Thanks for any help Gaz 😊

I don't think that's the same thing. For many all the bluetooth info is available online. It would be like if someone figured out all the promystic communication specifics and made their own reciever and sold it without ever asking Craig. Would that be right? I don't think so.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No , but people have done that time and time again and copied Promystic products ? Anyway who is NK what does it stand for ? I thought it was implying that the TW watch I know what that stands for works with Bluetooth ? Please advise Gaz 😊 ps no more pms please about people selling second hand Turner watches please , I want to know if there are any other watches with a second hand on them that work with Benke’s app
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
...Anyway who is NK what does it stand for ? ...

Nobody Knows
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok thank you so the rumours who they actually are must be unfounded Gaz 😊
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

I think the kronaby ones do. There are a lot of different styles though
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you cardistry master , best wishes Gaz 😊
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
No other watch models with seconds hand are supported. Also the seconds hand prevents the app to be able to freeze the custom time.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
So does the Timesmith watch have a second hand ? The Turner watch does I think and that could work potentially ? Thanks for your response Benke , regards Gaz 😊 ps even a second hand that’s static and doesn’t move would look more like a regular watch imho rather than a smart watch . That’s why I like the idea of a pocket watch as spectators wouldn’t know whether that should have a second hand or not
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
No, the SB Watch doesn't have a seconds hand, but I suppose you already checked out the product photos on the website. Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Why doesn’t it have one is it a watch you developed or a watch you stumbled upon ? Gaz 😊
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Because it drains the battery a lot. The SBwatch is their special one.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
When I perform my TimeSmith routine, I tell the spectator that I am pulling out the crown and setting a prediction time. And, if I leave the crown pulled out, it will stop/hold the time at my prediction. I've already performed this routine a couple of dozen times using the Andras/Benke Watch and nobody has noticed or said anything about the crown not looking like it's really pulled out.

NOT having a second hand is a GOOD thing. I fail to understand why the Nobody Cares boys included a second hand in the first place.

The Andras/Benke Watch was designed from the ground up to be used with TimeSmith. It's made by a known manufacturer of Bluetooth watches but there's zero evidence of that fact visible on the Andras/Benke Watch.

Read Benke's lips.... If you own a Nobody Cares boys watch and you want to use it with TimeSmith, PM Benke and let him know of your interest. Don't just post about it in this thread, PM him!

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Why doesn’t it have one is it a watch you developed or a watch you stumbled upon ? Gaz 😊

Maybe you didn't get it: having a seconds hand prevents the watch to stay on the custom time... so if you set the time, and you only check it 2 minutes later, the watch will show +2 minutes. This is a problem with the Turner Watch only, as other supported watches luckily don't have a seconds hand (and I can set the same time over and over again every 10-15 seconds, and it will keep the hour and minute hands in place). I can't see why a watch with a seconds hand would look more regular, as most of the non-hybrid watches also don't have a seconds hand.

(And yes, the S/B Watch was designed by András and me, and András had it manufactured.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok thank you Benke sorry I didn’t see your original answer as I scrolled down too far . As I haven’t worn a watch for years I didn’t realise that most non hybrid watches don’t have a second hand anymore either . Therefore I see your point and it’s a non issue so thanks for clarifying so the S/B watch it is then for me . I personally think white is best as it’s more clear for a spectator to instantly see the revealed time imho Gaz 😊
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
When I perform my TimeSmith routine, I tell the spectator that I am pulling out the crown and setting a prediction time. And, if I leave the crown pulled out, it will stop/hold the time at my prediction. I've already performed this routine a couple of dozen times using the Andras/Benke Watch and nobody has noticed or said anything about the crown not looking like it's really pulled out.

NOT having a second hand is a GOOD thing. I fail to understand why the Nobody Cares boys included a second hand in the first place.

The Andras/Benke Watch was designed from the ground up to be used with TimeSmith. It's made by a known manufacturer of Bluetooth watches but there's zero evidence of that fact visible on the Andras/Benke Watch.

Read Benke's lips.... If you own a Nobody Cares boys watch and you want to use it with TimeSmith, PM Benke and let him know of your interest. Don't just post about it in this thread, PM him!

Mark

Clearly some people like the second hand. I think the turner watch was also made from the ground up. I think the second hand can be good since it’s common on some new watches but for a magic watch I think it’s not really needed though. It drains the battery a lot.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Hi guys Smile
Still "unofficial", but PM me if you're interested in the TW support for TimeSmith Smile
By the way... the "freeze time" function now works with the TW as well. Smile

Have a nice day! Smile