The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: TimeSmith by Benke Smith (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2021, 007lookalike wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2021, MentalPhilo wrote:
Quote:
I managed to 'transplant' a Fossil Q Hybrid watch mechanism into a
vintage looking pocket watch case. It works very well so I think I'll make some more!
https://youtu.be/-SghJxtQcM0

This looks very nice! I believe the Fossil Q Hybrid’s have their logo on the face. Is this present, or were you able to remove it during the procedure?

I removed the Fossil face and used a copy of the pocket watch's original face showing a date of 1876. I used the original hands too.

Yes I bought one of these off 007 lookalike right away, its perfect for the scripting I want to use with the app Gaz 😊
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
52 Posts

Profile of notasperfectasyou
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2021, MentalPhilo wrote:
Quote:
I managed to 'transplant' a Fossil Q Hybrid watch mechanism into a
vintage looking pocket watch case. It works very well so I think I'll make some more!

This looks very nice! I believe the Fossil Q Hybrid’s have their logo on the face. Is this present, or were you able to remove it during the procedure?

I removed the Fossil face and used a copy of the pocket watch's original face showing a date of 1876. I used the original hands too.

That's cool. How far away can you be using the pocket watch case? Does the pocketwatch case increase or decrease the distance you need from the watch?

Yes I bought one of these off 007 lookalike right away, its perfect for the scripting I want to use with the app Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
In answer to the last post it works up to 20 feet away from my iPhone, which is more than ample since my iPhone is in my pocket anyway Gaz 😊
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
52 Posts

Profile of notasperfectasyou
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
In answer to the last post it works up to 20 feet away from my iPhone, which is more than ample since my iPhone is in my pocket anyway Gaz 😊

Thanks Gaz. The idea I'm thinking about would start out with giving the spectator a box in the begining (that has the watch inside) then telling them I'm going to ask them to write down a time after I attempt to influence their thinking. Then they tell me the time they have come up with and show them that there were indeed influenced when they open the box.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sounds a great idea, thanks for sharing Gaz 😊
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Benke has updated TimeSmith once again and there's a new firmware version for Andras's watch. Several new features (in early development) were added. The fake crown turn/hands movement is one of them. Plus, the support for multiple watches.

These guys are an amazing duo. I think they sleep, eat and breath their magic projects.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Just a quick update I received the pocket watch from 007 lookalike and it’s a thing of real beauty.
It works fantastic, looks fantastic and it’s highly highly recommended.
I couldn’t be more happy with it, buy one if he still has any left.
If you haven’t seen it here is the the link again, best wishes Gaz 👍👍😊

007lookalike
View Profile
New user
UK
15 Posts

Profile of 007lookalike
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Just a quick update I received the pocket watch from 007 lookalike and it’s a thing of real beauty.

Thanks for that review Gaz. Yes, I have two more available. Please PM me for details?
Nobody's Inflammable!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Benke shared a video on how the fake crown turning works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZONiZ3Qd5ng

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am having a lot of fun with this, to me the pocket watch makes so much sense with my presentation. Works a charm, I would suggest Andras abandons his failed attempt Mark as the one I have is literally incredible. I am amazed Andras failed in his pocket watch attempt but 007 is truly the man for the pocket watch version. Of course Benke is the ultimate genius and master in app development and one of the nicest guys in magic too . It’s a win win for me Gaz 😊
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I don’t know where you got the idea that Andras has “failed” with his pocket watch release. The factory didn’t get the crown right on its first prototype and the factory is redoing it. It will eventually be released.

I’m happy you are happy with your pocket watch, Gaz. Me, I’ll wait for the full bells and whistles model.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Magician performed a clever TimeSmith routine on Italian television. The Andras wrist watch makes an appearance.

https://www.veoh.com/watch/v142112600JJZPaGDS

Yes, it’s in Italian but it’s plenty easy to understand what is going on.

Mark
007lookalike
View Profile
New user
UK
15 Posts

Profile of 007lookalike
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, 007lookalike wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for that review Gaz. Yes, I have two more available. Please PM me for details?

All four pocket watches now sold, sorry.
I'll post if and when I convert some more.
Nobody's Inflammable!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Magician performed a clever TimeSmith routine on Italian television. The Andras wrist watch makes an appearance.

Mark

I've watched that routine several times and I'm unable to detect how he forced the #5 for the Andras watch. Is anyone familiar with that forcing method (a bunch of numbered tags on the end of strings and the spectator choose any string from the bundle)?

Mark
007lookalike
View Profile
New user
UK
15 Posts

Profile of 007lookalike
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark

I've watched that routine several times and I'm unable to detect how he forced the #5 for the Andras watch. Is anyone familiar with that forcing method (a bunch of numbered tags on the end of strings and the spectator choose any string from the bundle)?

Mark
It's an idea by Maurice Fogel from his booklet 'Cheating the Gallows'. Think 'sleeves' PM for more info?
Nobody's Inflammable!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2021, 007lookalike wrote:
It's an idea by Maurice Fogel from his booklet 'Cheating the Gallows'. Think 'sleeves' PM for more info?

Ahhh, brilliant! Thank you, Mr. Bond!

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I performed a TimeSmith routine for Ring 76's May membership meeting (via Zoom). I just learned that the membership voted me 'Entertainer of the Month' for May! The prize is a $20 Amazon gift certificate and the points go toward 'Entertainer of the Year' to be awarded in July. I'm not sure I have enough points to win that coveted award (I missed 1 or 2 chances to perform this past year) but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you, Andras and Benke for such excellent magical tools!

Mark
007lookalike
View Profile
New user
UK
15 Posts

Profile of 007lookalike
Quote:
Best wishes Gaz 👍👍😊

I'll post if and when I convert some more.

I have just completed another conversion of a pocket watch with a Fossil mechanism.
It is a slightly different case and movement to the previous one.
I've posted an unlisted video clip to YouTube link here: https://youtu.be/9XxsB9BDHRs
(Two available)
Please PM me for more details if interested?
Nick
Nobody's Inflammable!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Benke just released a new version of TimeSmith with Pi Revelations integration. Awesome stuff!! See the TimeSmith Facebook group!

Mark
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
980 Posts

Profile of espmagic
I've seen this mentioned in a number of threads, so I'll ask directly: Benke, have you ever considered/is it possible to make a slightly smaller face, for those of us with smaller wrists? RLee Davis, Mind2Mind Productions Canada