The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
219 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2024, martonikus wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2023, JuanPoop wrote:
The patter will go along the lines of being a "modern man about town" who wants to deal only in Bitcoin. However, when I wandered into a cafe to order a coffee, for some strange reason they wouldn't take my Bitcoin (!). Therefore, I had to turn them into some cash to pay for my latte (hence 5 x $1 being just enough!).

Excellent!

You might consider using a himber wallet and an extra set of "bitcoin bills". Bring out the wallet, remove the bills and hand them out ("Have you seen these yet? The best invention since Traveler's Checks - Bitcoin Bills!") Put them back, set the wallet down and do some other trick. Then proceed with your Locked and Loaded routine. The reason for doing it this way is that people are curious about things they have never seen before, whereas "normal" small bills are unsuspicious in general. You need a way to satisfy that curiosity IMO.

Thanks @martonikus - that sounds really good and suits my style as well.

I have a wallet that should work with your idea.

I appreciate the suggestion and will give it try.

Cheers!
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
386 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I LOVE EXTREME BURN....BUT...when I assemble the bills and fold them it looks messy and an uneven mess, almost like I'm using thicker money OR too many bills
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I use unusual looking bills to start and I find it is sufficient to hand out one or two “here feel this, such unusual texture” or something like that. I have never felt the need to hand out the stack but the himber is a good idea.