The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kippteacher1
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of kippteacher1
I just purchased Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded, but I am wondering if I got a knock off product instead. I know I can’t reveal the secret working of the trick, but is it correct if the only gimmick that I received was the little square metal piece? Is something missing? What is the "locking" part of it? Should there be a magnet?

Thanks in advance!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, kippteacher1 wrote:
I just purchased Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded, but I am wondering if I got a knock off product instead. I know I can’t reveal the secret working of the trick, but is it correct if the only gimmick that I received was the little square metal piece? Is something missing? What is the "locking" part of it? Should there be a magnet?

Thanks in advance!

Have you watched the instructional dvd yet? It lists what should be included.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
332 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
I just ordered locked and loaded too, I ordered directly from Richard Sanders. I try to buy direct from a creator any time I can to avoid knock offs as well as make sure they get as much of the profit as possible (not a middle man) after all they are the ones who deserve it.
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the magnet come with the Locked and Loaded two?
Not the 1st version.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
No, the locked and loaded version IS the version with the magnet, hence the locked part.

He might have just ordered Extreme Burn 2.0, which is the first upgraded version. That version does not have the locking (read magnet) part. I know because I purchased that version only to have Sanders come out with the locking version a couple of months later. To this day I refuse to pay another $34.95 just to find out where the magnet goes.

I will say though, even when I tried to navigate to the 2.0 version, Penguin brought me right to the locked and loaded version so I wonder if the 2.0 version is even still available?

Quote:
On Feb 18, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the magnet come with the Locked and Loaded two?
Not the 1st version.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
bbguy09
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of bbguy09
Do I WANT to lock and load my gimmick? I have EB2 and am considering the upgrade, but I wonder if the locking component makes the handling fussier. Isn't the get-ready more difficult/more of a move with the addition of the locking bit?

Anyone out there who has used both versions and has an insight on this?
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of martonikus
I have used both and for me the magnetic version is a little easier to handle because the displays (both before and after) can be a little more "careless". Activating the transformation is about the same with both versions.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
577 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hey guys,

I just ordered Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded as I lost my Burn 2.0 gimmick. My question is, is the gimmick set up for the bills the same in Locked and Loaded as it is for Burn 2.0? I'd like to start preparing the gimmick while I wait for Locked and Loaded to come in but, I want to make sure the DIY part is the same. Much appreciated!

Best,

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2022, martonikus wrote:
I have used both and for me the magnetic version is a little easier to handle because the displays (both before and after) can be a little more "careless". Activating the transformation is about the same with both versions.

Good point!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I purchased the 2.0 version and got the small piece of metal.

But it seems like it's not heavy enough. Not sure if my gimmick is poorly made making it difficult or if it's just not heavy enough.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I'm starting to think me and OP got the same knock-off product. I am going to have to add a weight/washer to make this work. The small piece of metal is extremely lightweight and seems like it needs a magnet but this version does not come with a magnet.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The locked and loaded certainly should come with a magnet although the metal piece is quite lite.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Does anyone else have an issue with it looking too thick?
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I've now run into an issue where my set of 1's are too creased in one direction and simply don't lay flat for the get ready and the move.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2023, RobertApodaca wrote:
I've now run into an issue where my set of 1's are too creased in one direction and simply don't lay flat for the get ready and the move.

I guess you need to make a new set.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
219 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
I finally succumbed to buying this and have just received it (always late to the party).

I have been through all of the videos once and it looks pretty solid. Another run through will follow. I am definitely looking forward to pulling it all together and doing the necessary practice.

My one question is regarding the initial arts and crafts required to make the gimmick. Richard talks about (and demonstrates) using ru..er ce..nt (rather liberally!). However, I have some Zig 'two-way' glue that I have used for other purposes. I assume we all know what 'two-way' glue is, but just to be sure - it creates a permanent adhesive if surfaces are stuck together when the glue is wet ... and a tacky (peel apart) adhesive if the surfaces are pressed together after the glue has dried. Sorry if that is all too obvious . . .

I don't do a lot of arts and craft with my magic, so I am asking if the Zig glue that I already have will do the same job as the rubber cement that RS uses?

p.s. For the record, I received 2 x thin metal plates, 2 x thin magnets and the instructions link, all in the plastic wallet.
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
You could use the material you mentioned, though with the recommended materials, if you need to take things apart due to lack of funds, that material can be removed. The materials you mentioned does not remove very easy. If you will never be in need of the dedicated funds, what will it hurt to give your materials a chance?
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
219 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Thanks Wravyn, I appreciate that.

I am thinking of making one set with fake Bitcoin values on one side and bills on the other. In this case, I could use low value bills for the effect to work. Low cost/value set-up = openness to experiment with raw materials!!

The patter will go along the lines of being a "modern man about town" who wants to deal only in Bitcoin. However, when I wandered into a cafe to order a coffee, for some strange reason they wouldn't take my Bitcoin (!). Therefore, I had to turn them into some cash to pay for my latte (hence 5 x $1 being just enough!).

Having said all of that, I think I have convinced myself to buy some of what RS recommends, given that is tried and proven.
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2023, JuanPoop wrote:
The patter will go along the lines of being a "modern man about town" who wants to deal only in Bitcoin. However, when I wandered into a cafe to order a coffee, for some strange reason they wouldn't take my Bitcoin (!). Therefore, I had to turn them into some cash to pay for my latte (hence 5 x $1 being just enough!).

Excellent!

You might consider using a himber wallet and an extra set of "bitcoin bills". Bring out the wallet, remove the bills and hand them out ("Have you seen these yet? The best invention since Traveler's Checks - Bitcoin Bills!") Put them back, set the wallet down and do some other trick. Then proceed with your Locked and Loaded routine. The reason for doing it this way is that people are curious about things they have never seen before, whereas "normal" small bills are unsuspicious in general. You need a way to satisfy that curiosity IMO.
raether
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
93 Posts

Profile of raether
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2024, martonikus wrote:
Excellent!

You might consider using a himber wallet and an extra set of "bitcoin bills". Bring out the wallet, remove the bills and hand them out ("Have you seen these yet? The best invention since Traveler's Checks - Bitcoin Bills!") Put them back, set the wallet down and do some other trick. Then proceed with your Locked and Loaded routine. The reason for doing it this way is that people are curious about things they have never seen before, whereas "normal" small bills are unsuspicious in general. You need a way to satisfy that curiosity IMO.

Great thinking!
Helmut Raether